• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

5" body lift on 88 bronco2

ramoyer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ok i was wondering if anyone has seen a bronco2 lifted higher the 3" on body.I have a 5" body lift kit here for one of my old trucks i wanna use it but im needing to know what problems i will run into.

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
All sorts. I wouldn't even bother with it, IMO.

whocares

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I dont recommend...but that being said, please post pics if you decide to do it :)

Ron

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
:icon_confused: Is the price of a lift kit that much of a trade off for your safety and greif? For 1 is is very dangerous as the bolts used would be too long and deflect alot and soon after break when you do any sort of wheelin, 2 The greif you would go through would be horible, A new steering set-up would be needed as even a 3 inch body lift really does put the rag joints of the steering linkage at a way higher angle than they were ever meant to run at, 3 There is a number of hoses,wires and lines that will needed to be routed differently or extended such as brake lines and fuel lines and tailight harnesses, and finally it will look like $hit, no other way to put it.

So thats my opinion, Dont do it, You will end up causing yourself many more troubles than the 50 bucks worth or junk is going to cost you.

If you do do it and the week after you post pics of the body rolling off on the trail I'm not even gunna lie ill probably point and laugh.

Just my 0.02

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Yeah, I wouldn't go over 2" with a BL. If you really really want that much lift, save your pennies and get a Suspension lift. Safer, stronger, actually makes the truck more capable, and it won't look as stupid.

ramoyer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I doing a 4" body lift. i also picked up a 4" lift kit for free today along with 33/12.50/15 tires,and a set of lights. I love free items!

footee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
+1 on not doing a body lift over 2"s. I think the 4" suspension lift will clear the 33s just fine by itself, even with a little body "massaging". No body lift!

ramoyer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
well ther are no real trails around the coast just deep mudd holes. 4" body it to keep it out of water. rusting is gonna be a big problem for me

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Doesnt matter if its "just mud" thats just as bad as if you were to be rock crawling with it. You will need speed(as im guessing you are planning to run 33s with no other upgrades) because there is not enough power to turn them in the mud in the first place, there are going to be deeper ruts than those 33s so you will be boucing in and out of ruts fast=bad.

You wouldnt be able to drive it on the road without killing someone or yourself one day and towing it would be the same dangers as the body would end up coming off one day down the road, and if DOT or whoever it is where you are sees this, you will not be happy.

So no i dont think rust will be your biggest issues, I think picking the remains of the B2 out of the ditch will be.

Why ask what our opinions are if you arent going to listen

ramoyer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
im not trying to do anything like this....

TeamExploder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV+SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Your truck with a 5" BL is not a good idea whether its going to be doing mainly street driving or trails...And that truck you posted is ridiculous lol glad you aren't trying something like that.

ramoyer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Im going to do more mods then lift but as of right now it is just life and cheap things untill money rolls in.I have a chance to get a 94 explorer for 400 bucks im gonna buy it and drop 4.0 in my bii and the d35 along with the 8.8 and what ever else i want/need

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
While ^that^ (the nissan, not robbing the Ex parts) is admittedly stupid and ugly, you don't have to go that big to run into the kinds of problems we are talking about here.

Last edited:

ramoyer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ok i know that but im not the only run that is running a 4" on bii. if i dont like it i have a 3" body lift i can put on it to see.

TeamExploder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV+SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
You'll need to make a custom steering extension shaft. And good idea on the explorer swap its a good upgrade!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals