• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Duraspark conversion

bassfrad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had to replace the head gaskets last week. They installed them on opp side and the bolts were too long not torqing up on the heads but in the threads, any way I do know where the advanced hooks up and I have all new gaskets on the complete motor with no vac leaks that I have found, but I will check again. "venturi size stamped in a circle it should be 1.08 for that motor" WHAT.
You are speaking spanish to me now. No EGR No air pump nothing but a carb. Didnt even have a thermostat.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
I thought you had a motorcraft carb on it unless i misunderstood the venturi size of the carb would be in the circle on the side of the float bowl same side as the throttle lever behind the linkage for the fuel pump unless you have a different carb

bassfrad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Motocraft 2150 to the best of my knowledge. I didn't pull the carb off but I did take the top off. It had a little trash but none in the jets. I cleaned it all up and am in the process of adjusting the float, but rite in the middle of it my 4 year old daughter stated she was hungry right now. So guess what.

bassfrad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Now I chacked the vac at idle = 19Hg and high around 3500 rpm = 18Hg so I'm good. Also checked timing = 12Deg W/O vac adv hooked up then verified that it was hooked up to vac only when throttle open, so I'm goodair/ fuel ratio meter = 14.2 at warm 1200 rpm idle and 14.6 at 4000 rpm. red wire on eight wire plug on drivers side that pulsates when key is on is for the temp gauge so Im good. Blower motor only works on high, well havent got a clue. While I was starting to fix fuel gauge I discovered that my reverse lights that have always worked are now not working, traced it to the neutral safe switch, disassembled, cleaned and reassembled and it works fine now. I want to thak you for the help, it really saved time.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
the blower motor has two wires one is hot ignition on the other that goes through a resistor i believe it is the 4 wire connector next to the motor on the firewall to the switch that provides the ground red orange is low - yel red is med lo - ltgrn wht med hi - orange blk is high if it works only on hi its probably the resistor as hi bypasses it its just a few inches to the right of the blower motor in the engine department in the blower housing the power comes from the #9 fuse key on it will probably be obvious when you take it off but you can test the switch make sure the ignition is off disconnect the connector check each wire for ground as you flip the switch the orange and black is hi make sure the fuse is out or ignition is off or you will get power to the orange and black wire and possibly burn up your ohm meter gl

bassfrad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
missing in action

The wires are good but there is nothing left, it has all been cut off I have like 5 cut wires and two connected to the motor.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
bone yard trip hopefully you can find a wrecked truck with all the parts you need lets see
blower resistor connector (is the resistor there) easy to test
water temp sender look for guage on dash
fuel tank connector (85 and above)
wow someone really butchered it up heh was it used as a mudder just cut everything and hook up the bare essentials i`m guessing the only reason the blower works on high is because the bypass wire is in the big loop well good luck

bassfrad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Its kinda funny because I bought a 1990 Bronco and had no trouble with it just checking all the reutine things. No wires cut all gauges work, even has a 6" lift with37" tires. Great truck, it was so good I bought this 84 Bronco II from the same guy, said the trans was shot, rebuilt the trans and Bam Bam Bam I dont think it will ever stop. The only thing that I havent messed with are the Diffs. Haven't even looked and don't expect to.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
hopefully when you get it all working you can still turn a profit sounds like your getting close knock on wood at least it sounds like your doing the right thing for the truck and in my opinion that counts and it will be ready for a good fuel injection system for someone that wants to do a build good job

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals