• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

43" tires on a BII

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That'll be pretty sweet. But technically, heis doing a sas w different springs,so some lift will be achieved by that. If he was putting those on a stock b2. Well that would be different. Still sweet.

Little X

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
That'll be pretty sweet. But technically, heis doing a sas w different springs,so some lift will be achieved by that. If he was putting those on a stock b2. Well that would be different. Still sweet.
He's just talking about the rear end. It's on stock springs, the only "lift" would be an inch or so from the thicker axle underneath. If you looked at the thread he hasn't even started on the front.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
With that tall of a tire, you wouldn't want much lift or you will roll it on the first hill you climb.

D'cheat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 v8
Transmission
Automatic
Yea, its stock height as far as the springs are concerned. No lift aside from the additional diameter of the axle tubes. Ill be keeping the front the same way, only moved about 10" forward. I want to keep this truck as low as possible to keep the center of gravity as close to stock as I can. Ive seen far to many ranger's and BIIs lifted sky high to clear the fenders. Hell, im guilty of that as well. But i learned my lessons. And taking a page from competition rigs, im only going to have about 5" of up travel and Gobs of droop :) This should be one capable rig when Im done.

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
saw this on pirate man, thanks lol...cant wait to see this thing done... will be awesome for sure

D'cheat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 v8
Transmission
Automatic
When its done, ill need to tow my junk north so we can go wheelin. Are there any good trails up in your neck of the desert?

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
to be honest i dont know yet, im thinkin not as i have seen only a few capable looking trucks around since i have been here, i have explored some, but try not to be to adventurous alone... some of the spots were alot of fun dont get me wrong, but not worth traveling for, we would be better off to meet at Moonrocks or maybe the rubicon if its not all paved over by the next year or so...

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
o, i just saw you live in reno lol, i thought you were far away... you must know im in winnemucca :( we should def meet up somtime, i heard you can get to reno on nothing but dirt roads???

if you ever need some help or advice, pics let me know

what are your plans for the front??

you have any pics of your old build?? the red B2, and i also used to race cars before wheelin, so much fun..

Last edited:

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
i don't think i could ever feel okay with cutting into a body in that good of shape.

D'cheat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 v8
Transmission
Automatic
o, i just saw you live in reno lol, i thought you were far away... you must know im in winnemucca :( we should def meet up somtime, i heard you can get to reno on nothing but dirt roads???

Yes, you can :) Ive run a few of those roads with my rally car. There are spots that get rather gnarly. Ive never gone the entire way, though.

if you ever need some help or advice, pics let me know
Cool, man. i will.

what are your plans for the front??

you have any pics of your old build?? the red B2, and i also used to race cars before wheelin, so much fun..
Dana 60 front, 5.13 gears, detroit locker, 16" airshocks and a standard 3 link. Just like yours, but with airshocks. And a D60..

And like you, ballistic fab is dragging thier feet with the damn shipment. Got the brackets in a few days after ordering. The the hiems and airshocks are taking forever.

No pix of the old BII. I kinda got rid of her under bad circumstances, and got rid of most of the pictures due to it.
See the link for details on that one. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12022293#post12022293

I loved rally with a passion, but its getting too serious to be any fun. If your too fast on a stage and two competitors bitch, then you have to tear down your engine, nut and bolt to prove you didnt do anything against the rules. Dont ask me how I know this.. :(

Heh, I was going to make a hooker joke about getting used to cutting a body in such good shape.... But I digress. :icon_rofl:

Last edited:

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah im still waiting for my deal on a 60, :( did you have the white subaru i saw on CL?? looked sweet

i thought alot about air shocks, but heard they like to fluctuate with temp. and sometimes just unload when your at a hard sidehill?? idk though, plus the coils were cheaper so it sorta made up my mind for me hahaa, but cant wait to see this thing, hope you do a build thread, and ballistic, i like em, but took me t months to get my shitt

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Can it be done, with no lift what so ever? YOU BET! Check it out, cause im tired of posting it up over and over by request on various wheeling sites :)
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12119247#post12119247

D'cheat
I hate you.:thefinger: I'm just finishing up my BII and now you have me second guessing myself. Im sitting at about 8" of lift on 37s. Thinking I need to lose two or three inches and take more out of the fenders.

Looking good, cant wait to see it when its done.

-Jester

D'cheat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 v8
Transmission
Automatic
Yup. That was my rally car. I miss it soooo much. I have a few trophies on the shelf cause of it. I hated to sell her but, she funded my crawler. So meh.

Airshocks are not that bad. No worse than coilovers. Really any rig with a long travel suspension needs to use a center limiting strap f/r to keep from unloading. The guys in competition say that the strap should have about 3" of slack at ride height. This will allow for regular suspension movement and good'ol left/right flex, but holds you down when on steep climbs or deep side hills.
The main reason that im using airshocks is the ability to have constant dampening during suspension articulation. A good example is your rig, Ruth. I have a funny feeling that when your suspension has flexed to the point of your coils sliding down the retainer, it tips abruptly toward that side once you come off the obstacle. Thats because for that moment, there is nothing holding up your rig on that side until the coil comes in contact with the coil bucket once more. Moments like that cause rollovers so often. With airshocks, you always have some sort of support. Be it full extension or compression. Your rig will not have a moment when its not being supported by dampening.

And they are cheaper and easier to tune that coilovers. A few cc's of oil here, some more nitrogen there and you have a new shock. Coilovers require multiple sets of coils to get everything just right. Then the coils sag over time and you have to do it all over again. $$$
All my airshocks will need is a shot of nitrogen every now and again. Far less $$$

:D

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
thats kinda like what im wanting to do with 4" and 38's...make sure u go into alot of detail of building your rear inners for me, and how they look from the inside and how much pass room was taken up

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals