• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

EX auto tranny to manual swap

tjs4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, my friend just wanted to get it done, he didn't seem to care if it was done right at all. I'm really mad at him for leaving me to fix this crap on my own.

honhon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
sometimes you have to step back and it hits you in the face and then you are mad because you couldnt believe that it was that easy. lol

ive been reading and researching a bit about swapping to a manual.

this thread is a year old so im sure the issue is solved for you or you have moved on, but i do have to say even in this thread ive found the answer to a question ive been looking for which was the switches that are on the tranny.

i am assuming after reading this... (when the tranny is bolted up) the driver side sensor/switch on the tranny is for the neutral sense and the passenger side is for the reverse and that not all of the transmissions have both... mine has both.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals