• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Check Engine Light Solved, Code 137, Hope This Helps Someone

sammer1986

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have used this forum and others in the past to help solve problems with my truck so I thought I would return the favor and put some information out there, hope this helps someone!
My truck had this annoying check engine light, code 137, and it kept hesitating real bad when I would try and accelerate. I replaced the o2 sensors and that didn't help. Checked fuel pressure and that checked out alright. I had recently done a tune up so I figured that wasn't the problem. I checked every vacuum hose I could see and they seemed fine. I was beginning to think there was a leak in the plenum gasket or something. I tried cleaning the maf sensor as well and that didn't do anything. It was a really annoying problem and I was at the point that I was going to tear down the top end of the motor and just replace everything lol:annoyed:. I finally found this article in the bowls of the internet where this guy said his ecm was bad and his symptoms matched mine. I pulled the ecm, not a big deal except for the bottom bolt which you have to get creative in order to get off, and pulled it apart to look at the circuit board. Sure enough, one of the diodes had come loose. I ordered a new one off ebay for 100 bucks and it fixed the problem!
I just wanted to put it out there that this can be the problem when your truck is having driveability issues, it is pretty easy to pull and examine the circuit board, it should be among the things you check. When reading the forums here and elsewhere it seemed to be something everyone assumed probably wasn't the issue. It may not be a common failure but it can happen and is pretty easy to check, hope this helps someone and thanks for all the help you guys have given me in the past:beer:

P.S. Not sure if it will show up or not but I have 1994 ranger with 4.0 OHV in it, 5spd, and its 4wd.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals