• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

looking for cheapest cat-back exhaust

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Due to a failure of the coupler between the stock cat and the rest of the exhaust system, and the missing/rotted away exhaust hangers, while on a trail ride, my stock exhaust wound up wrapped around my rear axle. So now I need a replacement.

Its a 94 ranger with the 4.0, and I can't warrant spending a lot on an exhaust for this truck. Anyone know of the cheapest full cat-back system out there that includes the intermediate pipe between the cats and the muffler (since mine is bent to hell)?

Anyone know why a cat-back for a 97 ranger might not fit on my 94? Are the flanges off the cat that different?

2000f350v10

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
id say if theres a Midas Muffler near you, go see them and see if they can just bend it up for you. ive had great luck with all the midas's by me. Ive gotten a full exhaust(minus a muffler) for under $200.

cdawall

U.S. Military - Active
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Most muffler shops will do one for $100-200 depending on the muffler and were you put the exit.

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Looks like I can get the flowmaster cat-back for just under $200 shipped, and its a full cat-back. Problem is its not stainless. I wonder how well it would hold up through northern michigan winters...

I suppose if I can get a mandrel bent cat-back for the same a muffler shop would charge to crush bend something up I'll probably just do that.

cdawall

U.S. Military - Active
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Well the OEM lasted 18 years there for you.

tx3nc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I checked at Advance Auto and they had stock replacement pieces for less than $200. And it was all bolt in.

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Velocity, that looks like it might be the best option so far. Probably $155 or $160 after shipping?

It looks like the intermediate pipe says 2.25" OD pipe, and the tail pipe is 2".... Maybe 2" ID will mate fine to the 2.25"?

The other option i've found is the flowmaster cat back for $190 shipped (best price I've found)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals