• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cat-back Exhaust System, $40...

'92Custom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Apparently this fits most '83-'92 Rangers, and since I need a new muffler and tailpipe I decided to order it:

http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/dynomax-super-turbo-cat-back-17464/

$105, and Dynomax has a $75 mail-in rebate going on right now for cat-back systems. Here's the rebate form download link: www.dynomax.com/promotions/Dynomax_SoundOff_RebatePad.pdf

EDIT - I was being stupid with my math. I realized after posting that $105 - $75 = $30, not $40...

I'm sure they have systems for newer rangers too, but didn't look into that. Hope that helps someone. I hope it sounds like this guy's truck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMCRaEgP4Xs

Last edited:

jhammel85

Wow...Thats a steal if this is for real.

Might have to look into this one...

Last edited:

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
i bought the same kit in january, i wish i would have known they were gonna do a rebate! even at $100 it was a good deal i think. the muffler isnt that loud, so if thats what you want you probably wont be happy, but it all fits well and saved me a bunch of work in trying to replace the old stuff.

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
This is the aluminized version, you'll want the stainless version if you live in the salt-belt.

'92Custom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
No I didn't want to spend extra for stainless. I travel to Utah a few times each winter where they use a ton of salt, but here in SE Idaho they barely even clear the roads. So salt is a non-issue. Plus, being 2WD, it doesn't see much winter use. I have a Land Rover for winter and off-road use.

Last edited:

'92Custom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
i bought the same kit in january, i wish i would have known they were gonna do a rebate! even at $100 it was a good deal i think. the muffler isnt that loud, so if thats what you want you probably wont be happy, but it all fits well and saved me a bunch of work in trying to replace the old stuff.
I'm not really looking for loud. Maybe a little rumble would be nice, but no need to draw attention to myself. I wouldn't want to spoil the sleeper-ness of this little truck...

Now I need to borrow or buy a welder, haha.

:icon_welder:

Last edited:

kukaepe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
MAZDA
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Just installed the Dynomax 39315 stainless system on my 2002 Ranger/B3000. Got it from Amazon.com for $182 - $75 rebate. Took about an hour to put it on (I wasn't exactly hustling) and it sounds good to me, nice mellow rumble without being to loud. I think it was a great deal, good quality, fit well, so now it will be interesting to see if there will be any difference in performance and/or fuel economy.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals