• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'01 Manual to Power

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I want to do the windows and locks to power on my '01 4x4. Is it as simple as pulling motor, wiring harness and door panels from a similar year and installing? Do I need to get anything else? Are there any known issues with doing this that make it a pain? There is a '01 at the salvage yard with power everything I can use as a donor. TIA

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well I realized my truck is wired under the dash for power. So I will also need the under dash harness. Does anyone know if this is a pain in the ass to remover from a donor and install in mine. I picked up a Haynes Manual and am going to read up on it but idk if its gonna have the info I need.

wvcat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
You will need the complete doors or all the parts, the dash harness and either the under hood harness or be prepared to add a wire to yours. To change the dash harness the dash has to come out and its a pita but not to bad.

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have access to the doors and all the parts. Im kinda just stuck on the under dash and apparently under hood harness. I just scanned through the Haynes and as I suspected it doesnt have the wiring info in it I need. Do you know where I can get that info from and how much wiring are we talking about adding?

*Holy hell. Have to remove the stearing wheel and everything to take the dash out inorder to get to the wiring harness?!

Last edited:

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I was just doing some more reading about this on the forums and someone mentioned that the doors for manual and power are designed differnetly. Does anyone know if this is actually true or not? if so I'm probably just gonna get two doors that are all power and have them repainted.

still have to pull and install the under dash harness though, blah.

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
So I'm in the salvage yard right now removing the under dash harness. Does anyone know if I need the entire thing, with all the other plugs on it like to climate contrl etc. Also this truck is 2wd auto & mine is 4x4 maunal. Is that going to make a differnce?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals