• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I'm not making this up...

aguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Automatic
Hi! I'm brand new here and this question is the reason I searched for a site like this and joined. Has anyone heard of a problem like this?

I own a 2000 Ranger 4x4 with an automatic transmission. My stereo speakers regularly cut out. There is still power to the radio but the speakers never come back on...until...this is the wierd part...the transmission is shifted into park or nuetral. The speakers then come back to life without fail.

I've been living with this for about two years now. The problem will start up and become unbearable for a month or two and then will not reappear for several months.

Any theories or suggestions for a possible solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Intermittant problems can be extremely difficult to nail down. Is this the factory unit or an aftermarket installation. The more information we have the easier it is to make some sort of suggestion.

aguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the reply! Everything is the original factory installed system.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals