• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

84 Bronco II restomod.

WesB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I bought this truck April 2010 from a friend who inherited from his grandfather. When I picked it up it had 47K original miles and my friend already had the engine rebuilt, custom interior, and a crap paintjob to keep it from rusting.

WesB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
A few months went buy and not much visually changed. but I did do an r134 conversion with a reman compressor, and I added crappy driving lights (more for the look)

Then I did tie rods and an alignment, and while there doing that (at a tire shop I used to work at) I found a set of "damaged" wheels and installed those.

Then I talked to Kolton and bought a set of exp front springs and 3" body lift. I did the springs first as I tried to find someone who had done a body lift to help me do it.

Finally met someone on the Rangers Of Texas website who had done a body lift and we did that last weekend.

And this week had been slow at work so I went to the junkyard and bought a set of 96 explorer springs and put those on this morning.

Well that gets you up to date.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
sweet build. and what are those seats out of!?!?!!

tbirdsps

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
That's a darn nice Bronco. I really like the upholstery but I have to admit I like the steel wheels better buy hey, I can be strange like that.

WesB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Boggin-The seats were (if I remember correctly) factor seats with new foam and custom leathers. In other words there's not much that stock on them. They are extremely comfortable.
Tbird-I don't particularly like the wheels I have now, but I wanted 15x8s and some that stick the wheels out flush with the fenders. My plan for these wheels are to put them on my brothers ranger when he inherites from our grandfather, and get something like the black rockcrawler wheels for the trails and something different for the street

WesB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Boggin-If I remember correctly, they are factory seat frames with new foam and leather. They are extremely comfortable. The bill for the seats and the spare tire cover were somewhere around $2000
Tbird-I'm not a fan of the wheels either, but I wanted 15x8s with a negative offset and low backspacing. My plans for the wheels are to put them on my brothers ranger, when he inherites from out grandfather. Then I'll get me some 15x8 black steel wheels (soft 8s or D-window rock crawler style) and something a little flashier for the street.

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Those are pimp seats

WesB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Update time:
Chr, no I haven't yet. Like most everyone else, money is tight.
I finally put a tach in it last night. I bought it off my friend who didn't use it in his race car for $20. I wired most of it into the Autometer guages. Sorry for the crappy pics. They were taken in my garage and it's a gloomy day out today.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals