Home Ford Ranger Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum  

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Help Forums - Styling & Electrical > Misc Electrical & Gauges

Misc Electrical & Gauges Post your speedometer, gauges, interior and non audio/video questions here.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:17 PM   #31
Blown

Blown will become famous soon enough
Default 2001 and up

If you can tune or get a chip burned, 2001 up OBDII allows one to adjust the speedo for tire size changes and gearing changes. You can input Tire Rev Per Mile and Gearing.

Performance is best with the right gear ratio for the size tires you run. That's another subject, but if you've done performance upgrades and changed gearing or tire size, changing the tune for those will get the most out of your rig with an automatic transmission. The tranny is shifted by the computer and will shift too late with big tires and to soon with small tires.

I've tuned my rig with a Tweecer
Blown is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

SPRING ONLINE MAGAZINE!

Check out the latest articles

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Old 04-24-2016, 02:22 PM   #32
Spott

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger Supercab
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver
Spott is just really niceSpott is just really niceSpott is just really niceSpott is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denola2 View Post
Hey guys---I'm new to this forum and I've got a project I'm working on, and need some help. I bought a good 95' 4x4 Ranger body and I'm putting the engine and driveline from a 1963 F100 in it (223 CID 6--3 spd trans). The 95' has an electronic speedometer. I was wondering if you guys with a lot of Ranger knowledge would know if and earlier model (93-94) cluster will fit my dash. The PCM will be completely done away with, and I'll need the fuel, temp, voltmeter and mechanical speedometer----any advice or suggestion? Thanks, Dennis
It would be very helpful if you started a new thread, with a descriptive title, for your project. We can certainly provide help and advice, but it's best not to clutter up an existing, informational, and only loosely-related thread with discussion of your specific project.

Once you get that new thread started, I'll reply there with some questions and suggestions.