• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

swap 2.9 to 302, tach, dash lights wirign harness location

lorro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
CARBURATED 302
Transmission
Manual
My credo
GNOSIS
hello guys, I need your help, 2 years ago I made my 302 swap in my bronco II but I haven yet connected my tach, my 4x4 and low range 4x4 dash lights, the oil pressure sensor and maybe other stuff that I actually don´t remember right now.

My idea is to make a "new basic" harness for my 302 carburated engine, reuse only the connectors from my old harness but rewiring all again, all the components like the coil, alternator lights etc, all the cables that are needed. and eliminate de connector from the 2.9 fuel injected, just recycling 1 or 2 connectors at most that came from the firewall pilot side FI harness ( for more original look inside the hood)

¡My problem!, I see the harness diagram and they are super abstract for me to read I barely understand some stuff but not enough, I'm not a electrical expert guy and I really don't Know what to do when I see all the mess, disconneted cables Inside the hood everywhere, But I HATE the way it looks righ now, therefore I really need your help to identifyng the propuse of each cable of all the connectors of the pilot side, eliminate those not needed and use only the necesary ones, for example:

starter related wiring
coil related wiring
fuel pump wiring
4x4 and low range wiring
tachometer wiring
oil pressure wiring
maybe wiring for carburetor's choke
Mayby I'm forgetting more basic wiring please suggest others

only if there was lost over this page One not that bastract diagram like these:
engineharness.jpg
mainharness.jpg

would be ideal to see some photos indicating the connectrs an it's fucntion like this picture but mor specyfic:
3004350183_large.jpg
3004350182_large.jpg

maybe I'm being lazy, but I have search any decent wiring harness diagram for bagginers but, nothing for bronco II, they are super technical for me.

thanks for take your time reading this topic.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals