• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help asap, died and won't turn over

Catterman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9V6
Transmission
Automatic
Are those the ones right by the battery? Would it be a standard 30amp type fuse or something a lot bigger?

I did get the truck home, still the same. Lights don't work either, just come on very dim. I also have brake fluid on the driveway now too, I assume from towing and had to ride the brakes a little too hard. Oh well, they are cheap anyway. (I hope!) :)

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Could of been a relay or a Maxi fuse. Check your engine to frame ground too.

I have issues with my EEC fuse. Carry extras.

Catterman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9V6
Transmission
Automatic
Well I had a minute so I looked at the big fuse box by the battery under the hood. Sure enough the 60amp Maxi fuse was burnt. So, I head to the store to replace it, plug new one in, and it still won't even turn over or get to the point where the truck will do anything when I turn the key to the "on" position. I will check for a good ground when I get a moment, but is there anything else I should look at or would the next thing be the EEC? Thanks again!

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Fuse don't tend to fail, they are burned out for a reason.
It is a PITA but you should trace the wire for that fuse, or at the very least, remove the fuse and put an OHM meter on the "load" contact and to a good ground, then start moving wires around to see if you can find the short.

Catterman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9V6
Transmission
Automatic
Starting to think it is my alarm now... P/O put on an older Viper alarm and it honks at me every time I try and open the door, etc. I think it disabled my driving capabilities... :(

Catterman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9V6
Transmission
Automatic
Just an update to (hopefully!) close down this thread... I left the battery disconnected for several weeks and that did the trick to clear the memory out of the Viper alarm and I can start the truck again. I think what caused it in the first place was the positive terminal of my battery touching the metal hood, causing my 60am Maxi fuse to blow, engine to die, and somehow my alarm tripped and disabled my B2.

So, I have it in my garage now and from towing it home my brakes are super soft, so I am going to bleed them and hopefully I will be on my merry way again. Thanks so much everyone for your suggestions and insight.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals