• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

!986 Bronco II AC Blue Light Button

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
1986 Bronco II AC Blue Light Button

I posted this on another area, But maybe not the right area. But I will try here too..

Does anyone know how to replace the Blue light in the AC button, without having to buy a new assembly?

Thanks!
Chaz

Last edited:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I've never tried, or had a reason to. I'd assume you would have to pull the whole assembly out of the dash and disassemble it to get to the light.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've never tried, or had a reason to. I'd assume you would have to pull the whole assembly out of the dash and disassemble it to get to the light.
Same here.

Pop the trip off that goes along the bottom of the dash, remove the ash tray. All that trim has to go, there is a notch in the headlight knob. There is a tab inside there, push that towards you with a flat screwdriver as you slide the knob off. Remove all the screws top and bottom for the dash bezel that goes around the gauges and radio. Then it is just four screws to get the heater/a/c control out of the dash and see what is going on in the back.

Parts book is very non-descriptive and just shows the unit as a whole.

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am trying to keep this Bronco as original as possible, I want to save the original assembly, if possible... That's why I was wondering about just repairing the blue light...
I know I will have to remove the assembly, that is no biggie. I just want to replace the light.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I've never had to try and remove one of the heat/ac controls so I have no idea what the back of the control unit looks like. I'd assume that bulb would be replaceable though once you tear 1/2 the vehicle apart to get to it LOL. Kind of like the backlight in the radio LOL, supposedly you can replace that bulb, but I'm not going to tear 1/2 the vehicle apart to do so and since the radio only 1/2 ass works on AM only I could care less...FM is nothing but squealing no matter what station you try...some day I'll possibly replace the radio, but not really important, nothing on worth listening to anyhow LOL.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals