• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Front End Swaps: 2001 to a 1996 and then the 1996 to the 2001

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys. I made a post about swapping a 2001 front end onto my 1996. However. I found someone who wants to buy the whole 2001 truck even if I swap the front end from my 96 onto it. Massive deal for me!! I have questions tho. Has anyone ever swapped a 1996 front end onto a 2001? I am guessing no. And with this double front end swap it would probably be easier to swap the core supports? Anything I should swap from one to the other? I think this is going to be a big project...I'm just confused...I'm swapping the two fronts ends so I don't wanna do some hack and slash job on both if it is easier to swap some things over

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Hey guys. I made a post about swapping a 2001 front end onto my 1996. However. I found someone who wants to buy the whole 2001 truck even if I swap the front end from my 96 onto it. Massive deal for me!! I have questions tho. Has anyone ever swapped a 1996 front end onto a 2001? I am guessing no. And with this double front end swap it would probably be easier to swap the core supports? Anything I should swap from one to the other? I think this is going to be a big project...I'm just confused...I'm swapping the two fronts ends so I don't wanna do some hack and slash job on both if it is easier to swap some things over
If you go back to your original thread, there was a link I put on there. Did you read it?

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
I think he's trying to swap both ways... not sure i've seen anyone swap the old on to the new yet. I imagine the process sgould mirror the process josh went through though.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I imagine the process sgould mirror the process josh went through though.
That's what I was thinking too. He never replied to my post in his original thread, so I was wondering if he'd ever looked at it.

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah man I read it. Sorry I didn't reply. I'm busy with school and finals and such. Thanks for the link. I am not too worried about swapping the 2001 front end onto my 1996. I'm more concerned about putting the 1996 Front end on the 2001. I don't think anyone has done that. I am guessing it will hopefully be a similar process. I'm just wondering if its worth swapping the core support's to save me all that modifying and trimming and stuff on two vehicles. How hard is it to swap core supports?

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Yeah man I read it. Sorry I didn't reply. I'm busy with school and finals and such. Thanks for the link.
No worries man, just trying to help out. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals