• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Seat belt anchor points

Crimsin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 96 XT cab with buckets. The seat belts attach to my seats. I want to put some moab seats in my truck, but do not know if there are anchor points of the floor of the 96. I had them on my 97. I do not want to pull my carpet up to look. Does anyone know if they are down there?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I tried finding an old picture of my 96 cab floor and only found one that didn't allow me to see far enough back into the cab on the floor. I am thinking that there were holes for seat belts but can't remember...the previous owner removed the seats and there were no belt buckles when I got the cab so they could have been fastened to the seats as well.

If Ford had put in a 60/40 bench there should have been hold downs for the seat belts on the floor...meaning they are predrilled but may not be used.

I checked the on-line manual...

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319

The slide bar that the seat belt attaches to is apparently bolted to the floor behind the seat. If you use a different type of seat belt that hole can be used to secure it to the floor...

However, just FYI...the bolt they use to secure that part may be different in strength than a different type of seat belt. They are probably the same...but not sure...

The seat belts I am using in my 88 cab had both a slider type on the seat as well as the slider bar fastened in a similar fashion...but I used the original bolts from the 88 regular cab to fasten the seat belts to the floor...these have a bare spot where the seat belt eye can move freely up and down without interfering with the threads.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals