• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

max a.c. Not using cabin air

roc129

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
97 b2300 2.3l
Max AC is not blowing more than AC. I found a valve under the glove box that isn't actuating. I can move it by hand and blows more air. What triggers this valve? Is it electrical or vacuum? I tried searching but had no luck in finding any info. Don't think I'm very good using search.

roc129

97LowRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 L
Transmission
Manual
that is the fresh air door, it is a vacuum actuator you can see the vacuum line at the bottom if im not mistaken its a white hose. it should be on and on max ac it should move, you can test it with a hand held vacuum pump you can get at autozone maybe around $15-20 or just try to feel the vacuum although its very low vacuum

roc129

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Yep, it's a really small white plastic hose that comes from the heater hose valve. If there's no vacuum could it be the valve?

97LowRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 L
Transmission
Manual
Yep, it's a really small white plastic hose that comes from the heater hose valve. If there's no vacuum could it be the valve?
remove your glove box, open it and press the tabs on the side then you should be able to see deep in there the blower motor as soon as you turn to max ac the recirculation door should close. if it does not close it could be a vacuum problem or the actuator itself the easiest way to test is with a pump i have never tried this but try unplugging it and pu a drop of water on the hose since its vacuum it should suck it.you can also put both your fingers on it as if you wanted to squeeze it and you should feel it or hear a really quiet whistle since its a low vacuum source.

roc129

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Found it!

That small white plastic tube/hose had a slice in it. Cut off about an inch and plugged it back in. Valve now moves and the door opens when max ac is selected. Thanks for the pointers. Probably saved $75 or more had I taken it to a garage.

Roc

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals