• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bent Wheel

mountainkowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Sucks to be you
Took the Ranger into my local trusted shop for an alignment and tire rotate and balance. While on the way home from buying it (a week or so ago) I noticed it pulled right slightly and there was a bounce at certain speeds. Alignment was off a bit and all the tires needed to be balanced. The LR wheel was bent on the inside only...we'll use the spare for now...no jack or rod. Called the dealer where I got it, they will get me another wheel and the jack and accessories. I was surprised that they would take care of it......happy me!

Dangerrangers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 and 04
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 s
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Do it right the first time !!!!!!!!!!
That's refreshing to here that the dealer took care of you on the wheel and Jack issue. Good job.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Most of the dealerships I have worked for will take care of that kind of stuff if you ask nicely.

The pattern that I have seen, is usually you want to stay out of the used car dealerships. Especially dedicated "Buy here Pay here" places. Even if you are buying used try to go to a new car dealer and pick off their used lot. The new car places seem like they tend (in general) to have much better customer service.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I agree. I work for a GM dealership and we take care of all our customers whether they buy new or used, spend $5,000 or $500,000. Yes we have sold RV's in the quarter million dollar range. We are one of the few Leisure and Roadtrek dealers so we constantly sell $150,000 RV's all the time. Either way the customer is always satisfied.

mountainkowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Sucks to be you
Got the wheel replaced and that eliminated 1 of my vibrations. I need to get new tires, these are pretty tore up, and the shocks are crap.

But now my TPMS light is on...anyone know a cheap way to reprogram?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
https://www.amazon.com/Ford-8C2Z-1A203-A-TPMS-Transmitter/dp/B001H1O6HE/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1513687168&sr=1-4&keywords=Ford+TPMS+tool

Buy that. You can do a key dance to put the truck in training mode, then use that to program new sensors or reset existing ones.

Key off, press and release the brake, cycle the key 3 times, key off, press the brake, cycle the key 3 more times ending in run, the horn should beep if you did it correctly.

Then you go around, LF, RF, RR, LR point the tool 180* from the valve stem and push the button. Sweep the tool back and forth at each wheel until the horn sounds.

This is the cheapest tool that will do it, and on your style sensor you have to have the tool.

mountainkowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Sucks to be you
Thats what I thought, thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals