• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone seen the story of the Nevada Rancher Cliven Bundy vs the Fed Govt?

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The FED wants to flex its muscle on the people, they have been poking at the wire to see what reactions they get and from who. Next the CIVILIAN cops will show up in battlefield MRAPS painted black, wearing black uniforms, sporting battlefield body armor with military weaponry, military armed helo's and drones. It will be over before it starts and Americans will die, all precurser/beta testing that is happening small scale all over the US everyday. This crap is all planned out and the FED knows the pot is going to boil over, its emminent and they are/think they are prepared to take down the citizens of these 50 United States. The big question is, is will the military and civilian law enforcement follow orders from a few fat cats and slaughter fellow Americans? they would essentially be firing upon their own family, friends and freedom. Lets see if this is another Waco or Ruby Ridge the way it pans out, they need stats on how many of the 315 million + Americans can and will stand and fight "them" for their (the citizens) country. In this particular case I believe both SIDES are at fault, lets hope cool heads prevail this time. Notice the media is laying the term "ARMED MILITIA" on thick? they're demonized for the porpose of dividing the masses. Will you :popcorn:, or will you:annoyed:?

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
The BLM need to be given a reality check on who they are and what their job is.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Interesting.

It makes me wonder what people are thinking, because they know sooner or later they're going to have to answer to it. Does this guy think his cattle should be allowed to graze because his family was there before the Taylor grazing Act? When people get this far in trouble, it makes me think that they truly believe they're in the right.
When the Taylor grazing act was enacted, was he notified of the new rules? If so, no excuse to pay, period. Unless the act has a grandfather clause.

If he kept on ignoring it, and abusing the system, he is no better than a Tax cheat.

He can graze his cattle on HIS land all he wants. Assuming he still retains the land patent, mineral rights, and no easements.

This is like me having a for profit horse club, then the National forest closes their trails, but I keep using them for my business because "I've used them the last twenty years." Ridiculous.

The idiot farmer may loose his "140 year" settlement to pay the fines. Surprised to have these battles take place further out west.(Texas ruby ridge, freemen,etc) considering you have the same Redneck bunch in Alabama, Georgia and the South in general, families owning "Grandpapy's" land since before the civil war. I guess the war taught them a lesson they won't forget!

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Saw this tonight:

As time went by, more and more allies showed up at the Bundy Ranch, pretty much all of them armed. The arrivals included some who described themselves as militias. Today there was an extraordinary scene that gave rise to this photograph. Hundreds of Bundy supporters, on horseback and, I assume, armed, told the federal agents that they were surrounded and had better give back the cattle they had confiscated:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/04/standoff-at-bundy-ranch-ends-with-photo-of-the-year-so-far.php

So, does this mean that the people actually won a stand off with the government?

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Oh ya:

The Bureau of Land Management has announced that in view of the risk of violence, it is withdrawing its forces, which include snipers, from the area.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
When the Taylor grazing act was enacted, was he notified of the new rules? If so, no excuse to pay, period. Unless the act has a grandfather clause.

If he kept on ignoring it, and abusing the system, he is no better than a Tax cheat.

He can graze his cattle on HIS land all he wants. Assuming he still retains the land patent, mineral rights, and no easements.

This is like me having a for profit horse club, then the National forest closes their trails, but I keep using them for my business because "I've used them the last twenty years." Ridiculous.

The idiot farmer may loose his "140 year" settlement to pay the fines. Surprised to have these battles take place further out west.(Texas ruby ridge, freemen,etc) considering you have the same Redneck bunch in Alabama, Georgia and the South in general, families owning "Grandpapy's" land since before the civil war. I guess the war taught them a lesson they won't forget!
The LAW is, is that he owes the FED. He cannot change that to "I'll be happy to pay the "State". All laws that are in place are because money/power/welfare made sure they were enacted with bought votes. If the current LAW on the books says he owes, then he owes. He can spend the rest of his life and half a billion taxpayer dollars in court and it wont change shit. A vote, coupled with a brain is the way. If the votes of those that have and do take back seat then we all know what needs to be done.

Last edited:

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
If the laws made any kind of sense I could see it. Why do all these laws add up to people losing their livelyhood, money and rights. The feds have a funny way of deciding on what laws they are willing to enforce, it allways add up to money out of the working class pockets. This is just the beginning and about time real americans stand up for our god given and constitutional rights. The dollar will fall if not this year but next then when the feds pull down on everyone you wish you would have stood with those rednecks.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If the laws made any kind of sense I could see it. Why do all these laws add up to people losing their livelyhood, money and rights. The feds have a funny way of deciding on what laws they are willing to enforce, it allways add up to money out of the working class pockets. This is just the beginning and about time real americans stand up for our god given and constitutional rights. The dollar will fall if not this year but next then when the feds pull down on everyone you wish you would have stood with those rednecks.
Laws come forth from the majority of the people, the people vote for those whom make their wants laws. Who the hell is to blame!?

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The state of Nevada gave up all it's rights to the public lands when it became a state and was written into the state constitution (Morral ct 1862). The Taylor Act just established grazing districts for managing the land. Act was designed to prevent things like another dust bowl that was going on at the time. If the owner had a patent, BLM would have no say in the manner. The law also eliminated the very open range law, no rule and regulation on use of government lands. On the patent we have of our land in SD, it stated all thru it that it is granted by the "United States" and authorizes transfer of lands of "Public Lands", this was granted in 1912 but was the common practice when lands were settled thru out the West.
Dave

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Interpretations of "law" vary widely, like in another plant away, west of the Mississipp and this guy is old enough to have lived his life under a very different system of law...not to mention the Nevada and Mormon thing involved. Bottom line is any time we don't get involved in cheet like this, the Fed takes another chuck of our freedom biscuit...kinda like in Germany after the war with the Kaiser...once it's gone, you can't get it back.

ridgerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hell the damn turtle sanctuary (the ones they cite they need to "protect") had to kill all their "protected/rare" turtles when funding was pulled. So tell me what is there excuse to pull this guy off this land? Sure as chit wasn't the turtles...The guy and his family has water rights to this land, which is everything out west, way back 140 yrs ago.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Interpretations of "law" vary widely, like in another plant away, west of the Mississipp and this guy is old enough to have lived his life under a very different system of law...not to mention the Nevada and Mormon thing involved. Bottom line is any time we don't get involved in cheet like this, the Fed takes another chuck of our freedom biscuit...kinda like in Germany after the war with the Kaiser...once it's gone, you can't get it back.
Remember a Jury can throw out unjust law. Jury nullification protects good people ... This may be his only hope, a trial of his "peers", honestly I would protect him, the fines are too high for him to pay, they're lying through the teeth.

If the Fed reduced the fines, a plea agreement made and promise to pay the tax here after, this would be the best approach to the situation.

Last edited:

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The only right the guy is loosing is the right to apply for a permit to rent the land, that's it plan and simple. He knew the rules 20 years ago and decided not to pay. Before that act, anyone could rent that land with no regard or concern about the land. You could put 10000 cattle on land only meant for 1000 and rent till the grass gone. As far as "WE the People", we decide thru elections who is to represent us and pass laws in agreement with majority wishes. The government becomes "We the People". One man or 1000 of his supporters can not be allowed to set rules based on what they want. Imagine what that would do to traffic laws if we decided to ignore speed limits or stop signs.
Dave

naford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I thought I read that this has been going on since 1993. If so he probably has been to court multiple times. You can only take assets if he has assets that are visible. If he doesn't have a bank account you can't get his assets. If he wasn't white would the teaparty be there?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals