• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

door window question

kissfool75

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
has anyone tried to replace older style door windows with wing window with newer style window without wing ? i'm new to bronco's and this forum. the doors and window opening look the same. i just traded for a 88 b2 project with a 83 body on it, have 3 doors extra without a wing window and can't find a window locally with wing window.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I haven't done it personally, but I know it is possible. You have to completely disassemble the door though.

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
The vent windows are not an older style.. just a differant option and often combined with a power window. It is possible to have a body built in '83 but it would still be considered an '84 since that was the first production year of the B2s. It would probably be easier to swap the whole door and paint it to match... but Im not sure... all 3 of my B2s are '85 and have the one piece manual window.

Slammin Sam

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The vent windows are not an older style.. just a differant option and often combined with a power window. It is possible to have a body built in '83 but it would still be considered an '84 since that was the first production year of the B2s. It would probably be easier to swap the whole door and paint it to match... but Im not sure... all 3 of my B2s are '85 and have the one piece manual window.
Lance,
Maybe I'm confused, but I fairly sure the "one piece" window was introduced with the front end re-design in 1989. Prior to that all B2s had the smaller window with the vent wing. I have factory brochures from 86 thru 90 and the y bear this out. I've never seen an early B2 or Ranger without the vent wings. Perhaps in 84 and 85 they offered a choice, but I'd bet that a previous owner replaced your doors with those from the later year. Back to the OP, it will be a whole lot easier to replace the doors than change them over to the other style window.

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Well perhaps it has something to do with vehicles exported to Canada??

I have three factory original 1985 B2's and all of them have the one piece window, none have had any bodywork or significant modifications of any kind so I really doubt that they have all coincidently had the doors swapped. In fact most B2s I have seen here have a one piece unless they have power windows... just checked on kijiji and theres two 1986's both with one piece, and a 1988 with the vent windows.

Attachments

Slammin Sam

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Since vehicles sold in Canada always seem a little different than those sold down here, that probably explains the different window configuration on your three.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals