• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

They Found "Our" Mountain Lion!

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I saw one last year hunting in south TX. We had dogs out hunting for quail and one of the guys on our rig started yelling "Did you see that cat?" We collected the dogs and about 300 yards away from us, the mountain lion jumped up behind a mott and just cruised off. Cool as heck. It easily would have paced a deer.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
THE thing to remember about cats is that if one is being "Sneaky" you will NOT see it.

cats have "sneaking up on things" down to an exact science.

so the fact that nobody has "seen" it is pretty much irrelevant.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have read many reports of mountain lion sightings in PA, all of them officially denied by Fish and Game, DNR, and the rest.

If this one went from the Dakotas, to Wisconsin, Michigan, and then on to Connecticut why is it so hard to believe that it could have passed through PA?

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I've seen one here in Texas, I was sitting at the blind waiting for a buck to show up, there were a few doe there and the mountain lion came out of the brush and ran back in. Then the does decided to chase it. :icon_confused:

ridgerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have read many reports of mountain lion sightings in PA, all of them officially denied by Fish and Game, DNR, and the rest.

If this one went from the Dakotas, to Wisconsin, Michigan, and then on to Connecticut why is it so hard to believe that it could have passed through PA?
I know they are here in PA...seen one. Funny thing is that they deny that they are here (just like they did coyotes yrs ago, now they are friggin' everywhere), but will fine U $10,000 for killing one in PA. So if/when someone does kill one it is sure to be thrown in a hole and buried.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've seen one here in Texas, I was sitting at the blind waiting for a buck to show up, there were a few doe there and the mountain lion came out of the brush and ran back in. Then the does decided to chase it. :icon_confused:
Ever seen does fight? Especially with a group of them I doubt that cat would try to take them on head to head. Bucks fight like guys only ramming heads vs punching each other. Does are like a catfight, anything goes especially with the front legs/hooves.

I know they are here in PA...seen one. Funny thing is that they deny that they are here (just like they did coyotes yrs ago, now they are friggin' everywhere), but will fine U $10,000 for killing one in PA. So if/when someone does kill one it is sure to be thrown in a hole and buried.
They are just as illegal to shoot in IA as elephants, legally they do not exist so there is nothing on the books one way or another.

Last edited:

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I know there hooves are super sharp.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual

Since we know that cats don't do water we can presume the cat didn't swim

And getting to Connecticut without going through Pennsylvania
ain't possible... unless that cat can FLY and frankly if we have flying cougars were all fukt..

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
75 87 96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351W , 2.9L , 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I am from CT and surprised to see a thread here on this subject but here is my story.
I live in the foothill's of the Berkshire Mountain's in Litchfield county CT.

I have two friend's that happen to live about a mile apart and they don't know each other,both have asked me " If i told u I saw a Mountain Lion would you believe me" This happened in the same week !!
One was on a conference call and seen it stroll through his back yard through his window and the other seen it in his back yard when he pulled into his driveway one night.

A week later a guy I work with show's me photo's a neighbor of his took and sure enough it was a Mountain Lion laying under a tree her yard.
So at this time I was doing research about Mountain Lion's in CT and there has been sightings.

Not long after that i ran into a old hunting buddy and asked him what he thought and he tells me "Oh ya we have big cat's here in CT , The DEP let a dozen or so loose in CT to help thin the deer population"

So that's how that cat got here !!!

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals