• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lets see those custom interior touches!

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Just wanna give this old thread a bump

onelif2live85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Loving some of the manual center consoles!! I want to build one for my truck really wanna hide a sub in it though. Gotta say that mustang interior swap looks SICK. (not great for an offroad truck but AWESOME. Really like the explorer full length manual setup I have to assume those are hard to find.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

My 97 Ranger interior upgrades
wood dash trim kit, aluminum knobs and gauge bezel, Auto Gauge tach, 2000 Ranger door panels with new black armrests, new carpet and plastic backed headliner, new black and tan seat upholstery from www.carandtruckupholstery.com , Pioneer stereo and speakers, Ford steering wheel emblem, black and tan wheel cover, Ranger XLT dash emblem, gauge and control back lighting changed from blue to green, new Ford Ranger floormats, Splash decal added to shift indicator block off, Leather looking shifter boot and a Autogauge tach.

Last edited:

Ruffinit

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996, 2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3 Duratec
Transmission
Manual
XLTSplash.. I really like this. Wouldn't look very nice on my gravel roads for long, but it's very classy. I would like to see a pic of the headliner. Why did you change it out? My Splash need a new one as the PO must have been hauling stuff in the interior and it's pretty scarred up.

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Not exactly custom but just an FYI - since ford never bothered to change the floor pans the stock 95+ cupholder/shift boot assembly bolts right into an earlier truck. This is in my 1992. It's available direct from ford for under $50. Part number 72077 if I remember right. I used #8x2" stainless screws and it went right into the original shifter holes.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
XLTSplash.. I really like this. Wouldn't look very nice on my gravel roads for long, but it's very classy. I would like to see a pic of the headliner. Why did you change it out? My Splash need a new one as the PO must have been hauling stuff in the interior and it's pretty scarred up.
Thanks, I bought a new headliner from www.stockinteriors.com because the factory headliner was starting to fall down. The new headliner was complete and ready to install. It has a much better molded plastic backing. The new headliner also had better lines than my old factory one. It fit great and was easy to install. I may buy new sun visors from them too, because the new visors wouldn't have the air bag warning labels on them.

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
My fishing pole mounts behind the seat

Attachments

mpire

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I re-did the whole interior on the truck a few years back. I would like to get rid of the explorer seats though and go to some stock ranger buckets. Anyone know where to find some of those? The biggest complaint is that I can't really recline the explorer seats in the ranger and it really limits the leg room.

I did a custom stereo, re-finished the dash, center console, headliner, door trim, and replaced the gauge cluster and AC controls with the sport trac grey parts.

Last edited:

xN07xH311x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice! A lot of sweet custom interiors from mild to wild! Great place to get a lot of good ideas! You guys who posted rock! :headbang:

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I know someone has to have some new mods to share!

CADrew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Just an explorer console with a 5 speed...and a 3" body lift. It can be done with a little bending of the shifter.
Has anyone else done this and is there a tech article anywhere on it? I have a good line on a console but don't have access to tools like I'm used to. How much work am I looking at? I've got an automatic so the shifter placement won't be an issue. Also, if anyone done one of these, has anyone looked into putting a woofer, even a small one, pointed out the back?

slowjoe96

Reaction score
Im new to.this how do i post ?'s

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

SPSully

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Has anyone else done this and is there a tech article anywhere on it? I have a good line on a console but don't have access to tools like I'm used to. How much work am I looking at? I've got an automatic so the shifter placement won't be an issue. Also, if anyone done one of these, has anyone looked into putting a woofer, even a small one, pointed out the back?
Pretty sure I saw a post about it in the Tech Articles. I will be doing one this weekend. Getting mine from a donor explorer tomorrow. Then it needs cleaning and some love before install. I'm sure its going to be a simple job with decent tools.

zencalc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So, II'm curious... how much to do the two door panel instruments and the radio surround? Would be interested in doing that camo with Red as the base.
Thanks!

Alberta 7.3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
My '08 had a cavernous hole for a center console. I took the inside and storage bins from an older Ranger/Explorer console and installed them so things are better organized. I lost the CD case storage slots, but I don't use them anyway.

Aside from disassembling the console, the only other work involved was the front on the inner bin had to have a cut made to fit the cupholder, I just used the one I pulled out as a template. The cut doesn't need to be perfect since it isn't visible once assembled.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals