• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Niagra to Rochester NY

woodyedmiston

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thinking about flying to Buffalo with the wife to see the falls. Then she wants to nap while I drive to Boston. :shok:
I've noticed a road from Niagra On The Lake just north of the falls that goes easily..or so it seems .. To Rochester and runs by Lake Ontario. Any Ranger people familiar with the drive? Is it worth the extra time.

Woody
903 21six 311five
If u want to text.

crankyjew2d2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Flex
Transmission
Automatic
hey, not sure if you've already taken this trip. I'm from Buffalo, living near Rochester. Are you talking about route 104? It's a nice drive from Buffalo. Once you get close and into Rochester it becomes a hassle.

woodyedmiston

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you. Based on that we can take shuttles or taxis to see the falls, then rent a car for one day. We can drive around up that way to see the sites...then go back into Buffalo and fly to Boston rather than face traffic. We have rescheduled this trip from July to September. The wife is hoping to see the leaves change color. I was hoping to avoid snow, sleet, things that chill my toes.

96firephoenix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I took this route a while ago in my firebird. Pretty fun ride, and in a couple spots you can see the lake. Pretty neat for a break from the monotony.

crankyjew2d2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Flex
Transmission
Automatic
Good plan. 104 is by far and away a nicer drive than the interstate. Rental fees are pretty reasonable around here. September is a little early for leaves, but you might get lucky.

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
it took my wife and i about 12 hours to drive from auburn maine to niagra falls. lots of rest stops and McDonald on that route but it can be done.

Carlos Murphy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry I can't add anything, I left Rochester in 67, was born there in 44, been to the Falls once.

SPSully

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Better get up here soon, the leaves are changing and some spots have trees that already dropped their leaves

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals