• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clutch Engage Point Changed

floodz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/5
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Hello everyone,

This morning I noticed that my clutch engage point has changed significantly. This just happened overnight. I didnt do anything to it recently (mess around with cables, tranny, clutch) that might have caused this. My engage point used to be pretty high and not very firm, but this morning I noticed it significantly lower and way more firm.

I did some research and found that your engage point changes when the cable goes bad, but the engage point usually become higher, not lower. It still shifts fine and doesnt slip out of any gears. I also have no trouble getting it into any gears, in fact, I like it more now. Its just that the sudden change really grabbed my attention.

If you have any ideas, please let me know what you may think is up. Thanks.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
your clutch system is hydraulic. there are no cables or linkages to stretch/fail.

sounds like there was air in the system before and it finally worked itself out. if its still working fine, i wouldnt worry about it.

floodz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/5
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, I just went out to take a look on my lunch break and saw it was hydraulic. It was out of fluid... Silly me.

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
That"s a problem. The fluid went some where......... Check out your master and clutch line. If its not leaking there expect to be pulling the tranny in the not too distant future.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals