• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

One more 2wd 98 coil spring 5.0 swap.

black06xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
would a satin clear help the finish last longer

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
would a satin clear help the finish last longer
Most of the problem is adhesion related. It holds up fairly well but will take a scratch when contacted with a hard object. I wouldn't use a clear myself because of the thickness of the product. I feel it would not look natural over the texture of the interior pieces.

black06xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the advice great job on the build.

recutright

Ford Technician
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
so its like this, im workin on a wiring harness and had to look up a few things. search the forums and I see your build. its popped up a few times before, but I workin on a 93 and yours is 70 pages long so I over look it. today I open it up and start reading and lookin at your pics and I have to say... HOLY F*#%in S***. that is one hell of a clean and AWSOME build you got there. The paint and body work are amazing!! interior is just sweet. and it all looks like something ford should of rolled off the line a while ago.
Very nice and well done build!!
couple hours later and I totally forgot what I was lookin for to start with, now its late and im just gonna put it off till tomarrow. just wanted to say, WELL DONE SIR!!

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
so its like this, im workin on a wiring harness and had to look up a few things. search the forums and I see your build. its popped up a few times before, but I workin on a 93 and yours is 70 pages long so I over look it. today I open it up and start reading and lookin at your pics and I have to say... HOLY F*#%in S***. that is one hell of a clean and AWSOME build you got there. The paint and body work are amazing!! interior is just sweet. and it all looks like something ford should of rolled off the line a while ago.
Very nice and well done build!!
couple hours later and I totally forgot what I was lookin for to start with, now its late and im just gonna put it off till tomarrow. just wanted to say, WELL DONE SIR!!
Thank you very much for taking the time to look through everything. I know it is getting pretty long winded now. Also thanks for the kind words.

recutright

Ford Technician
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
its long winded, yes. but its definitely worth the read.

Codydiggle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I just bought a 2000 Expo to get started on my swap and my truck is a coil spring truck also. I would really like to find out how to getsome of those motor plates to bolt the motor up

2Krngr

Parts Hoarder
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Supercab
Make / Model
Stepside
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L GT40
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
Those look like the same ones. I noticed them on eBay a week or so ago. Thanks for the help.

Codydiggle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man I just ordered them! Ive read as many threads as I can and think I am ready to get started.just a few questions if you dont mind. My truck is a 99 3.0 5speed truck 2wd. The mountaineer is a 2000 5.0 auto 2wd. As much as ive read most everything is plug and play when switching over pats. Id like to swap the auto since the manual wont bolt up. So id have to switch steering columns. What about the drive shaft? Im eventually going to swap in the 8.8 when I can get the new shock mounts welded on and perches switched around. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Id like to get it in and running as fast as possible because ill be out for a few weeks on fmla for my wife

black06xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
when you changed the front end to the 2006-2011 what fenders did you use? are they the 1998-2000 or 2004-2011 fenders?

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
Thanks man I just ordered them! Ive read as many threads as I can and think I am ready to get started.just a few questions if you dont mind. My truck is a 99 3.0 5speed truck 2wd. The mountaineer is a 2000 5.0 auto 2wd. As much as ive read most everything is plug and play when switching over pats. Id like to swap the auto since the manual wont bolt up. So id have to switch steering columns. What about the drive shaft? Im eventually going to swap in the 8.8 when I can get the new shock mounts welded on and perches switched around. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Id like to get it in and running as fast as possible because ill be out for a few weeks on fmla for my wife
I am not sure about the drive shaft length. It may need to be adjusted as needed. I would suggest measuring the length needed once the engine and trans is in place and then researching what donor drive shaft would come close.

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
when you changed the front end to the 2006-2011 what fenders did you use? are they the 1998-2000 or 2004-2011 fenders?
I used the OEM 1999 Ranger fenders, a OEM 2004 Steel hood and hinges, an aftermarket header panel, grill, lights, front bumper, and fascia. Everything fit in the stock location without adding a single hole.

black06xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
thanks... i bought a 98 not sure if i want to put an 06-11 front end on since i already have an 06 or go with an explorer or mountaineer front end. i know with the expolorer or mountaineer fender mods are required but wasnt sure on the 06-11 front if would work with the 98 fenders. how is the truck running?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals