• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fiber Glass fenders for 1st Gen Ranger

CoreyTilton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162800
hi guys,
i'm really sorry if this has been covered elsewhere . i've been looking for a while and can't seem to find it anywhere in other threads.
so, i'm starting a new thread in hopes to find my answers, or atleast get pointed in the correct direction.

I own a 1983 ford ranger 2wd
i finished swapping in a fresh 400hp 306 this past summer.

you can check out my build thread here
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162800

if you don't feel like reading the whole thread, my motto with this truck is - weight is the enemy.

pulled out heater equipment, ac stuff, all coolant overflows washer fluid reservoirs, went with streamlined lightweight aluminum accessories setup and pulleys, light weight aluminum radiator, lightweight aluminum heads, intake, water pump, distributor, ect ect. put the fuel cell, fuel pump, filters, horn, battery, all in the bed back behind the rear tires almost against the tailgate. the interior was completely stripped of all trim. rewired from scratch. has the plastic dash pad, metal frame, a custom metal dash face with autometer gauges, bare steering column with removable wheel, left a thin carpet in there, in the midst of swapping in light weight bucket seats.
lightweight thin centerline autodrag wheels up front
ect ect ect.

i'm looking to cut more weight in the front of this thing, and i'd like to do it with a fiberglass hood and fiberglass front fenders.

i can find stock style hoods, made of fiberglass, that bolt onto the hinges like the stock steel hood, and i'd reuse my hood pin setup.

but i can't for the life of me find fiberglass front fenders in a stock form.

i can find a million crazy off road Flare Fenders
i could buy a dozen for various style of rock crawling and forerunning and in 3" or 6" or whatever flares.

and i can even find full fiberglass front ends that fold forward prostreet drag car style.

i'm not looking to go that route.

just looking for stock 83 fenders, made out of fiberglass.

has anyone ever seen these? can someone link me to somewhere i can purchase these?

help me obiwon kenobi, you're my only hope

and yes, i know i could probably cut more weight by swapping out the front suspension to a Mustang II kit or something similar. especially one of the aluminum setups.

but thats big money.
and tons of fabricating
and pulling the engine
and i just got this thing running.

so yeah,

and help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

- corey

DaddysTruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l V6
Transmission
Manual
I've never seen anything except flares. The stock fenders don't have much weight to begin with, so it's not really worth doing beyond cosmetics.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals