• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

elec. issues

mojocat27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Just rescently bought a 87 bronco II XLT 5 spd with 84ooo orig miles. It had sit for awhile and am working the bugs outta it. The temp gauge and gas gauge wont work. The brake and rear antilock lights are on also. The parking brake and reg brakes work fine. Sometimes the high beam light wont illuminate also. One time the brake and rear antilock light went out then came back on after I killed it real hard,,,,,what can I say I am not used to a manual, lol. Just want some ideas what and where to look so I can tell the ol man. All the fuses checked out ok and none of the wirinf looks chewed on. I am thinking some thing is loose?????:icon_confused:

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Pull all the connectors apart and clean with elect cleaner and inspect for corrosion then use some dielectric grease to put them back together. just taking them apart and putting back together works sometimes also but the light coat of grease protects from corrosion. The temp guage sender on the t-stat housing is probably loose pull the connector off the one wire sender sand the threads a little and crimp the end a little so it fits good and tite see if that works.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ryan
    Forum Administrator

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals