• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ignition conversion help

NVbronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco2
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I am doing the 85 b2 ing. conv. as listed here in the forum. Got most all of the electrical figured out but need some info.
1. Where do I plug in the evap can to. It used to hook to the top of the carb.
2. How much of the old wires do I need from the passenger side? I just read here that I can disconnect the ECM (under glove box?) and pull out the harness. Guess I can just go from there?

Thanks for any help.

NVbronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco2
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
OK, figured out #2 but...

Still need to know where to plumb in the evap line.
Now I also need to figure out where to tie in for the wires from the nuetral/back up switch. Wires were fried all the way to the plug on the auto trans. Do I really need the nuetral lockout part of the switch? Looks like 2 red wires were to the ign. switch and 2 black purple wires were for the back up lights?
Any ideas?

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Still need to know where to plumb in the evap line.
Now I also need to figure out where to tie in for the wires from the nuetral/back up switch. Wires were fried all the way to the plug on the auto trans. Do I really need the nuetral lockout part of the switch? Looks like 2 red wires were to the ign. switch and 2 black purple wires were for the back up lights?
Any ideas?
1) Air cleaner

2) I bought an EVTM to show me the circuit and divorced out the NSS and reverse light stuff from my main harness and and made a small harness for those circuits that plugged into my cabs existing plugs. Mine was a lot different from yours since going from a 2.9L to a 5.0L, but concept is the same. Just need to fill in the gaps, however it gets done is up to you.

Last edited:

NVbronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco2
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for answering. I slowly figured it out but now I need to find that plug on the trans. No saving the old one. Just gonna have to look around on the web.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals