• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New 2011 - Fair Price?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the depreciation only matters when you trade every few years......
Or are buying cars from people that trade every few years. :icon_thumby:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
Or are buying cars from people that trade every few years. :icon_thumby:

If I was buying one to drive til death do us part then I would want a brand new shiny one under warranty that I know how its been maintained.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
It has been 6 years ago, but I paid $18k for a nice 2002 XLT F-150 4x4 with the 5.4 with 25k miles in 2005... the media keeps blabbing the used truck market has since tanked. :dunno:

Where did you hear this. The NADA on almost all used cars has jumped. My wife's Sport Trac books out for more now than it did when I bought it used in 2008.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The dealership just called and said they found an error in the selling price. The new selling price is $26,300 as opposed to the earlier quoted $26,061. They apologized and offered a spray in bedliner to make up for it! This place rocks. Reasons like this is why my family has bought so many vehicles from them. This will be my third if I go through with the purchase.
bump, price and plant. tell your sales guys hes very good at his job. i havent used that trick in a few months!

they add to the price, apologize for the extra cost and offer something free. it doesnt cost the dealer anything for it, but it sounds like your getting it for nothing.

its a great way to get a customer enthusiastic and excited. often enough to bump them over the edge into a deal. customer feels good, dealership gets the deal. but dont think your getting that spray on for free, your still paying for it.

oh BTW, thats a good deal. ive priced them and your getting your moneys worth. remember they stop production this month. its now or never!

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Where did you hear this. The NADA on almost all used cars has jumped. My wife's Sport Trac books out for more now than it did when I bought it used in 2008.
When gas prices went through the roof and the economy stalled, all the people that wanted a fancier truck than their neighbor dumped them (or had them repo'ed) Now they are not as fashonable as they once were. More people that have them actually need them rather than just want one.

The market is smaller and there are a lot of nice used trucks out there... won't make the value go up.

Probably applies more to fullsize trucks though. NADA is a starting point, what something is worth is what some sucker will give you for it. In my area the economy still isn't great for used car buyers and the farmers that actually have money and want a newer truck want new, and loaded... until their bubble pops that is.

Last edited:

X6StringerX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
bump, price and plant. tell your sales guys hes very good at his job. i havent used that trick in a few months!

they add to the price, apologize for the extra cost and offer something free. it doesnt cost the dealer anything for it, but it sounds like your getting it for nothing.

its a great way to get a customer enthusiastic and excited. often enough to bump them over the edge into a deal. customer feels good, dealership gets the deal. but dont think your getting that spray on for free, your still paying for it.

oh BTW, thats a good deal. ive priced them and your getting your moneys worth. remember they stop production this month. its now or never!
Here's how I look at it. I would have purchased a spray in bedliner regardless and it would have cost me more than $239, so if it is indeed a tactic that the salesman used to push me over the edge, it was a very good one because it is a win-win situation for both parties. They clear a little extra scratch and I save a little extra scratch in the long run because it is something I would have done anyway. If they do it in house, it most certainly won't cost them much. I used to be a shop manager and a spray bedliner cost us roughly $60 in materials and about an hour and a half labor plus the curing time. We sold them for $250+ depending on a couple of factors such as compact or full-size and under or over rail.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals