• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my b2 build

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Don't give up on her. Even a little work now and then is better then nothing. I know because I do the same with mine lol. Parts laying around that I still have to get to. Looking good though.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks knowing some people appreciate these old heaps feels good. Ive contemplated getting rid of it cause of its hundreds of issues. Im definately trying to polish a turd here but its my turd and i like it.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Got the carpet out today. Probably weighs 25 pounds with all the water in it. The floor itself isnt too bad except by the driverside kick panel. Now before the accident i know it leaked a little bit but now i the A pillar got tweaked or maybe the cowl is leaking but it appears water is coming down behind the pedals on the firewall and somehow the headliner has waterdamage around the sunvisors. Might rip the dash out to investigate and kill two birds with one stone and put another dash in that isnt cracked all to hell.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
When mine got hit it started leaking high up on the inside where the pcm was located on both sides. Turned out there were hairline cracks in the body panels. Got some automotive caulk, cleaned, sanded, primed, caulked and it went away. Only reason I found it was I did the Duraspark swap and noticed the dampness when i pulled the pcm.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
When mine got hit it started leaking high up on the inside where the pcm was located on both sides. Turned out there were hairline cracks in the body panels. Got some automotive caulk, cleaned, sanded, primed, caulked and it went away. Only reason I found it was I did the Duraspark swap and noticed the dampness when i pulled the pcm.
Yeah mines leaking down both sides as well. I want to pull the dash out and make sure there isnt substantial rot below the windshield on the firewall. My b2 isnt a bad example for Nwpa and for spending alot of time towing a boat around OBX but its definately shoqing its age. One of the body mount rubbers fell off just sitting in my driveway. Lol mothernature isnt nice around here.

170Parker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Awesome stuff. These are the kind of threads that get me super excited to rebuild my dad's B2. I've got a long ways to go with mine but seeing the work go slowly and surely is much more motivating than the guys who can throw a couple thousand down at a time and have mechanics help and all that. Thanks for the push and keep the work up. Can't wait to see where she goes.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah mines leaking down both sides as well. I want to pull the dash out and make sure there isnt substantial rot below the windshield on the firewall. My b2 isnt a bad example for Nwpa and for spending alot of time towing a boat around OBX but its definately shoqing its age. One of the body mount rubbers fell off just sitting in my driveway. Lol mothernature isnt nice around here.

I had small holes in the sealer in the drip rails that caused a leak like that.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The sealer could be the problem its all cracked in the drip rails. I might just silicone the heck out of them.

Ive been laid off for 3 weeks now so on fair weather days (35 is warm enough for me) ive been tinkering with the bronco. I have purchased new rear belltech 6400 shackles to put on which i should have installed when i had access to oxyaset. torches and replaced the rear springs with oem b2 springs. However now they sag.

I already attempted to install them but the damn upper shackle bolt is frozen. I tried using my IR 1/2" impact on it and its just not gonna come out. I also tried cutting the shackle in half but there just isnt enough room to cut the bolt entirely or even close to whack it with a hammer with my cut off wheel.

I dont have the money right now to buy torches ( even the hf 300 dollar portable set would be nice). Any one have suggestions on how to get that stubborn bolt out?

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The sealer could be the problem its all cracked in the drip rails. I might just silicone the heck out of them.

Ive been laid off for 3 weeks now so on fair weather days (35 is warm enough for me) ive been tinkering with the bronco. I have purchased new rear belltech 6400 shackles to put on which i should have installed when i had access to oxyaset. torches and replaced the rear springs with oem b2 springs. However now they sag.

I already attempted to install them but the damn upper shackle bolt is frozen. I tried using my IR 1/2" impact on it and its just not gonna come out. I also tried cutting the shackle in half but there just isnt enough room to cut the bolt entirely or even close to whack it with a hammer with my cut off wheel.

I dont have the money right now to buy torches ( even the hf 300 dollar portable set would be nice). Any one have suggestions on how to get that stubborn bolt out?

Maybe a MAP torch to heat it up, think the kit (bottle and nozzle) is about 40 bucks at hardware store? Or a sawzall to cut the bolt.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Re; silicone, DO NOT use a silicone based caulk. Paint won't stick to it. In fact silicone caulk won't stick to silicone caulk. Use a butyl base.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I wont be removing the old stuff just goobering it up with clear silicone. Eventually ill clean it all up and paint it and do it right.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
A sawzall might be a good idea.. If i had one lol. Maybe someone i know has one i can borrow

Last edited:

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
A sawzall might be a good idea.. If i had one lol. Maybe someone i know has one i can borrow

I got mine at harbor freight, on sale it was pretty cheap.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Or if there's one close enough, I find good deals on used tools at Pawn shops too. They almost always are willing to deal just to get rid of old stuff. Just an idea.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My buddys got a sawzall hes been using for demo work. Looked around online for good blades and decided ill try some Diablo carbide instead of cheap bimetal ones. Now if only the winter would hold up for a sec so i can get some work done lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals