• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project OUTRANGEROUS 4.6L Install / Phase 2

RJAAAAAA

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RANGER
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I can do all things thru Christ who strenghtens me
Outrangerous final photos

Well it's been a while and I've put a few miles on the truck. No problems to speak of, small drip from rear trans seal and serpentine belt has a squeek in it.
Not too bad for recent swap. I've been spending some time cleaning the exterior and repairing some chips and scratches. Had to do some bondo on the tailgate and repaint the whole thing. Compounded the whole truck and waxed and buffed it out. Not to shabby looking for a 11 year old daily driver with 240,000 miles on it. Finally cleaned out the rear bed WOW I can't remember the last time it was empty and clean, sprayed some bed liner spray on bed to help clean it up. I've used this truck as a truck for the past 11 years and the bed showed it.

Just a little clue to whats up front.

Only two pedals to deal with now ( must admit I still feel for that clutch pedal when I first get in) I'll be swaping the shifter out soon, going to install a shifter out of a Mark 8, working on creating a small console around the shifter.

As the weather gets better here in south central Pa.(Gettysburg) I'm going to go into Gettysburg and get some shots at some historic site and a video.
Thanks for all the veiws and input, it's been a great project that's been a long time coming. I took the truck over to the JY where I bought the engine (Frank's Auto Salvage) These guys were amazed, they really didn't think I was going to do it.

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
Looks great!

Twisted_Steel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Outstanding truck! Great work and thorough write-up.
Reminds me of when I fired up my truck for the first time... was a great feeling inside.
Was a better feeling when I was sitting beside a loud diesel at a stop light, a ricer with a 300hp rear wing and a 200hp fart can decided to beat us to the next light... he came in a distant 3rd...lol

RJAAAAAA

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RANGER
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Update on outrangerous

Hey, haven't chimed in for awhile. Been out enjoying my new ride. I have put some 3000 miles on it now and no problems :yahoo: We have a local ice cream place here that has a hot rod gathering on the first of each month so I took the ranger down last month, had quite a few lookers and a lot of compliments on looks and sound. I recently took a 120 mile trip hauling a 1000# load on my trailer with a temp outside of 91 degrees with no cooling problems at all. :yahoo: Temp guage held steady at it's normal reading all day. That heavy duty 4.0 rad. is doing it's job. However I sure did miss the a/c, but it was bareable. I'm very pleased with this set up and it's turned a few heads on the road. I'm working on an improvised a/c of sorts, I'll post so results as I work out the bugs.
Rjaaaaaa

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
Great work!:icon_hornsup:

What exterior mods are you planning?

That thing has got to sound pretty wild!

mikethejackal

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Excellent write-up & sharp looking truck!

RJAAAAAA

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RANGER
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Great work!:icon_hornsup:

What exterior mods are you planning?

That thing has got to sound pretty wild![/QUOTE

Thanks for looking, not really going to do much more to it, this has been a cool project and yes I think it sounds great. Turns a few heads and then they keep looking around because the only vehicle they see is a Ranger truck (couldn't be that!!). OH YEEEAAAHHH! I will have a video soon cruising around the Gettysburg Pa. Battlefields and a nice smokey burnout. I did buy an LED Tailgate light set for across the rear, it looks nice. Since my truck is a stepside the bed is narrower than most so I bought a set from Plasmaglow that is 48" long but can be cut to fit, it worked out nice. I'm also working on an A/C aux system that I'll update as I get it going.
Hey that's a nice looking ride you have yourself, I bet it will get down the road. VRRRMMM, VRRRRMMM

Thank
Ron

Slipknotyk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Man, if you're going to do so much with the engine, why stop?

You could get so much more handling out of her. I'd say it's time to look at a 3" suspension drop, and new wheels and tires.

As for body mods, I'd look at a hood, fenders, and a fiberglass tonneau cover with spoiler. With 240K she's earned a truly new look.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals