• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Click sound

Coffeekeenston

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
so I'm hearing a clicking sound on my 99 Mazda b2500 it started after I changed my idle control valve before that I had no problems changed the spark plugs and wires gapped them properly had no problems cleaned the throttle body got new gaskets and properly torqued the screws new pcv valve and hose a new egr valve thermostat and even did the sea foam cleaning I've also changed deteriorated vacuum hoses a new fuel filter flushed the radiator it clicks at idle and when I release the acceleration pedal to cruise in neutral I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out I'm thinking it could possibly be the timing belt? Maybe a new throttle body sensor? Fuel injectors? I'm new to this forum thing so I'm hoping I can get a little help thanks

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS :)

What you describe could be spark arcing from coil pack or spark plug wire

Open hood at night or in dark garage, start engine and look for spark arcs
Also push down boots on spark plugs again just to see.

Ford fuel injectors are quite loud, they do tick, but easy to check for that, use small hose, like engine vacuum hose size, put one end in your ear and then put the other end on/near injectors, stethoscope :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals