• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mazda ford tail lights

bull90

Canadian Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
4.0 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
will a 98 ford ranger tail light fit on a 98 mazda b4000

i know they would half to be inverted to fit but. ive tried this once before and the tail light was slightly larger and had harder angles. bottom of fords tail light is almost 90 degree's and mazda's is a bit more oval. any EURO tail lights out there?

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not that i know of, the Mazda/Ranger STX bed had one of a kind taillights, and i don't think you'll find anything aftermarket for them, so you'll either have to go custom or swap for a Ranger bed.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
im pretty sure i read some where on here that ranger tails wont fit in mazda.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I think older Mazdas (94-97) will accept Ranger tails, but anythign newer than 98 has a different shaped light housing. I'm 99% sure those are the years, but I'm not 100% positive.

lindsay_elaine

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I conveniently have a '94 Mazda sitting in the yard, and a set of '09 Ranger tails waiting to go on my '03. Just compared them and the Ranger tails are larger (taller,) and if you flip them upside down the bottom part of the Mazda light is a slightly different shape.

zacknolden

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Transmission
Automatic
will a 98 ford ranger tail light fit on a 98 mazda b4000

i know they would half to be inverted to fit but. ive tried this once before and the tail light was slightly larger and had harder angles. bottom of fords tail light is almost 90 degree's and mazda's is a bit more oval. any EURO tail lights out there?

I'm not sure about the exact size of Ford's tail light. But I think, most probably it wont.

Last edited:

Sam H

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone carry smoked tail lights for a 2007 Ford ranger STX? The STX bed is different from the regular ranger bed and I understand that the STX bed is the same as the Mazda B series bed. I have checked the web for over three weeks now and still no luck. Surley there is a custome shop that will make them.

EMB1230

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone carry smoked tail lights for a 2007 Ford ranger STX? The STX bed is different from the regular ranger bed and I understand that the STX bed is the same as the Mazda B series bed. I have checked the web for over three weeks now and still no luck. Surely there is a custom shop that will make them.
The STX, was in fact a Ranger with a B-Series bed. Ranger tails 1993-2011 were the same shape and B-Series tails 1994-2009 were the same shape. Unfortunately, they were NOT interchangeable. Between those years the Ranger used 5 (3 bulb: 93-97, 98-99, 2 bulb: 00, 01-05, 06-11) different styles, the B-series only 2 (3 bulb: 94-00, 01-09).

Last edited:

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
They are not the same shape.

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I think older Mazdas (94-97) will accept Ranger tails, but anythign newer than 98 has a different shaped light housing. I'm 99% sure those are the years, but I'm not 100% positive.
You sir are 100% WRONG haha. all mazda tailights are the same. and ranger lights will never fit no matter which way you turn them.

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Only real custom options for the Mazda tails is to smoke them out with NightShades, getting ride of the amber using red Duplicolor Metalcast paint, or a combination of the two

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Last edited:

Vexy

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Only real custom options for the Mazda tails is to smoke them out with NightShades, getting ride of the amber using red Duplicolor Metalcast paint, or a combination of the two
I second the NightShades idea. I did mine and they came out excellent. Wet sanded em to a mirror finish.

TechKnowViking

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Tinted Tail Lights

I second the NightShades idea. I did mine and they came out excellent. Wet sanded em to a mirror finish.
Could you post some pictures of your tail lights after you wet sanded them? I want to see what they would look like on my truck.

Also this is my first post!

I just bought a 1994 B2300 Standard Cab 4cyl 2wd w/ 65k miles in pristine condition and love it!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals