• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dana 44 swap 93 ranger *urgent*

Seven3_AH

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a eb d44 I am planning on swapping into my 2wd ranger, now couple of urgent questions seeing as I'll be starting the swap next weekend

1) I read somewhere if you use stock coil buckets with eb loft coils it increases the lift by around 2-3"s? Is this correct?

2) I have the "Y" style steering linkage and it seems to short, will the "T" style work with minor modification to the drag link?

3) will the Rangers front driveshaft bolt up to the eb d44, and rear shaft with a eb 9"?

4) anyone have a mock up for track bar mount, or dimensions/blueprints on a functional one?, (will be using stock eb adjustable track bar)

Attachments

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I have a eb d44 I am planning on swapping into my 2wd ranger, now couple of urgent questions seeing as I'll be starting the swap next weekend

1) I read somewhere if you use stock coil buckets with eb loft coils it increases the lift by around 2-3"s? Is this correct?
Depends on the springs, it's really hard to tell though. A 3" EB lift coil might get you 4" in a Ranger, or 3", or 2". Safe to assume that the amount of lift advertised for the coil you're looking at will be fairly close but you will need to try it to be sure because of weight differences between an EB and a Ranger.

2) I have the "Y" style steering linkage and it seems to short, will the "T" style work with minor modification to the drag link?
already answered this one

3) will the Rangers front driveshaft bolt up to the eb d44, and rear shaft with a eb 9"?
Maybe. The u-joints are the correct style, you'll have to remove the bolt on flange on the rear shaft, and measure for length on both. Safe to assume that nothing in this swap is "bolt on"

4) anyone have a mock up for track bar mount, or dimensions/blueprints on a functional one?, (will be using stock eb adjustable track bar)
The track bar must be parallel to the drag link. If it's way off you'll end up with some really awful steering/handling, perhaps not even roadworthy. Build your mounts off that concept. I used a factory EB track bar for mine but had to make it longer and put additional bends in it to clear the engine crossmember.
Some information

Hagan

08/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Depends on how much the lift coils are designed to lift

No, completely different

Depends on lift but probably not

Probably have to build your own
Good luck

Last edited:

Seven3_AH

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm going to use partsmike.com for steering, ordered a weld on bracket for the track bar and adjustable track bar that I'll be modifying to work, as for lift the front I'm not sure how big it'll be but the rear is factory Springs and blocks with the belltech 6400 shackles

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals