• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My Lift (so far)

larrybjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey all i figured id post some of my pics of my lift in progress. The truck in the pics looks like a dog dragging its butt across the carpet but hey the back is so much easier. When i did the lift, i did ball joints, new seals in the front diff, new tie rods, drag bar, brakes, rotors, calipers and so on. The wife painted a lot of the parts for me. So its been a family effort. Anyways be nice. The best part of this truck is that I traded my 94 tempo for this truck. Even trade. Good deal I thought. But i continue to sink money into it. But hey its been fun and frustrating.

Attachments

bigfltruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
looks good man.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
what lift u got?

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
seems a little familure... looks just like mine right after i lifted the front of mine..

what are you doing for the rear? blocks, springs??

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
gonna wanna address that steering probably.. need a better drop pitman arm atleast. for the 4 inch lift most kits give a 2 inch drop arm.. even the superlift steering has some issues. i can dig up the links for ya if you want. just wanted to pass that info off, b/c i know thats something that has bugged me.. and i'm still dealing with today.

but i like it! looks great! now i need to clean mine up and paint the stuff underneath lol

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
gotta love the ttb steering setup!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
oh yea... and the fact that no shop around here knows how to align one properly.. thats my biggest downfall of the ttb. i've seen em flex awesome. seen them preform with solid axles. just no one knows how to align it, i can overcome the steering issue.. haha

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ive heard some real good things about stone crusher steering. maybe you should try that out?

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
sorry for the thread hijack larrybjr...

i actually have it brought up in another tab on my browser as i type this.

so larry you got blocks? or new springs? or add a leaf? if you got the RC 4 inch lift just the blocks that come with it may not be enough, my front was higher than the rear so i had to do aal's to

larrybjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have blocks, that sound disappointing to know that the blocks wont be enough and that the pitman arm isnt enough either. Its only money i guess. Someone posted what lift, i purchased the rough country 4in. This is the first lift ive done and it was frustrating getting the rivets out but other than that it wasnt bad at all. I took the whole axle assembly out and did it that way. One of my employees told me it was easier that way. The links would definately be helpful for the pitman arm and the add a leaf. Tires are in I went with 33 x 12.5 x 15 Kumo Venture ATs. Ill be driving this back and forth to work on I75 and wanted something that would wear well. but thanks for the input. And i was talking with the college we sell parts to and the program director was a Ford Master Tech and he said aligning the TTB isnt really that bad so hes goinna do it for free. Cant wait, wheels are ordered, then exhaust and I will have spent my budget for the year, well I went over budget but Ive spent the money i can afford to spend this year.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
sounds really freaking awesome for a nice b2. that's about what i have on mine. i have the 4 inch Rough Country lift. the pitman arm can be dealt with like it is. mine is still like that for about a year now... lol. just the bump steer is kinda bad.

and as for the links....
add a leafs
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Add_A_Leafs.html

now for the steering look thru this one, this is my thread about what front axle to use, there is so much good info in this one the other guys on here shared
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=672136

check out the links in the post by 4x4junkie in the third post down.

oh and yea, i feel ya on those ribets... now do the rear with just the blocks and see how it works for ya. b/c jimmy on another site did just the blocks and his is fine, and also the front coils will settle some... my was level after the lift and now the front is about an inch low, nothing major.. that RC lift has worked great for me tho. just as all TTB lifts the front coils are stiff and I WANT LONGER RADIUS ARMS lol.. but the drop brackets have worked great

Last edited:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
oh and lets see some pics of the 33's on that lift! i'm about to get some 33's hopefully, i just need that dedgum money tree!!!!!!!!!!!

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yeah i can wait to see that thing. get some pics up when youve got it all together!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
larry, you can see my avatar for my 88 with the same lift and 2 extra leafs in the rear. i'm playing on a lil hill by my buddy's drive way. and that's with 30's

Attachments

Last edited:

larrybjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
4.0B2 Love the paint job. Body work will have to wait for awhile. Thinking of going all black like my first Bronco was when I was 16. What an idiot I was traded my first Bronco in the day before I graduated High School. Just had it painted too. Shouldve listened. Next spring Im hoping new drive train. Then paint and body. Started on the rear tonight. Removed the shocks and started taking the u bolts out. But my 2 year old kept taking my wrenches cause he wanted to "Help". Tried to remove the drums to redo the shoes and they are the original drums. So they are still on there. Gotta work tomorrow night then on Thursday they are mine. Wish I had more time cause Id like to paint the rear end and everything. But the wifes Expedition needs brakes and rotors, and the Super Duty needs an oil change so im behind and my garage isnt big enough for two vehicles. But I will definately post some pics.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals