• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ignition Module Mounting Location

belovedb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
As you all know I am doing a 4.0L swap into my 86B2. I have the old engine out and the new ready to go in. I am presently laying out the 4.oL engine compartment wiring harness. For anyone that has done this where did you mount the ignition module? On the doner it mounts on the RH side just inboard of the head light. However, on the B2 there is no space in this location since the air intake hole is located there. Any ideas about the mounting? Any ideas about changing the air intake hole. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Flat Toy

Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1998
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/2.5
Transmission
Automatic
I am going to mount mine just to the drivers side of the radiator. Mine has a opening there in the radiator support that would let air pass over the fins on the heat sync.

belovedb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks. Turned out that is where I mounted mine. Toke a small piece of aluminum sheet metal and used it as a bracket. Mounted the bracket to the RH rad support. Looks good and is strong.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals