• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Yet another seat question

99k1500

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2001 Ranger Standard Cab XLT with 60/40 vinyl seats.
I am looking at some seats from a 2010 Standard Cab
The 2010 seats are also 60/40 cloth with an arm rest.

I have not physically seen the 2010 seats yet. The salvage doesn't list them as compatible, but I would think that could be do to the fact they are not "interchangeable" the 2010 seats probably have airbags and weight sensors... Since my 2001 doesn't have those things I would think I could simply not hook those things up.

Am I thinking correctly? Most threads I see are people doing bucket seats from an explorer or mustang.
Thoughts????

Burls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 DHOC
Transmission
Automatic
You won't have to worry about the sensors but you will have to swap the female ends of the seat belts from your current seats.

99k1500

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Burls,
Thanks and you are correct about the seat belts. The 2001 seats used a torx bolt to thread into the seat. The 2010 seats I used had the bolt in place. Two M10x1.5 flange nuts were required to attach the seat belts.

Otherwise it was a direct swap. I put 2010 cloth 60/40 seats in in order to gain cloth, a arm rest/ console and the drink holder that is attached to the seat. Not to mention the seats and therefore the foam are 9 years newer.

I am happy with the swap.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals