• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking for some help...

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I sent a little. Pay it forward when you can.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Yes, pay it forward when you can...

Still waiting for my Paypal to show the funds...should be tonight so it will go tomorrow...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Many thanks guys!

I'm really struggling with this all. Been stressed and worried about how everything is going although I know I really just need to put my faith in the Lord and trust that it will all work out somehow. It's also been a struggle to ask for help, I don't like to do it. I don't mind helping others, but I hate having to ask for help. It's been a humbling experience to have to ask and I've still been hesitant to ask for much.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
I don't have a paypal account but if you PM me I'll see what I can do. Best of luck.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I don't have a paypal account but if you PM me I'll see what I can do. Best of luck.
PM sent, thank you!

Just so everyone is aware, I'm not about to complain about anything that gets sent my way. Even $5 because it's 5 bucks more than what I have right now. Like I said to Mark_88 in a PM, I'm not up to my arse in alligators just yet, but I'm trying to find a way to make sure that I can stay ahead of them for as long as possible. I've been trying to find any way possible to reduce expenses right now because I'm still about 6 hundred shy of what I figure will be bare minimum needed to survive this. And that's assuming that I can get back to work within 4 months. I've been told that recovery can take 3-6 months, so I'm praying that things work out.

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
If you send me your zip ill see what I can do to donate to the cause time wise I think I'm two hrs away I too have a truck mess but I still got one that runs good I'll load up and head out when I get some time

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the offer of help, Mighty! I'll definitely be in touch so we can try to work something out!

Snowed a bit here yesterday, kind of messed up my plans, ended up spending the afternoon working on my work truck to get 4x4 functional again. I was putting off doing that in hopes that I'd have my 88 fixed up and on the road before 4x4 would be needed, thus being able to spend that time working on the 88 instead of my work truck (since I won't be able to drive that this winter anyway). Oh well.

I have done a bit of chipping away at things on the 88. Almost have all of the rust repair squared away and what's left I have a plan for dealing with. Just need to do a little more cutting and bending of metal and I should be good to go with that. Did some more prep work on getting the engine back together too, or at least until my grinding bur broke. Going to order a replacement this morning, should have it tomorrow (I love living close to the warehouse, standard shipping usually gets it to me next-day, lol).

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Still grinding away at my project. Machine shop is hoping to have my rocker arms done this weekend. I'm hoping so too. Going to take a stab at getting the work done on the heads and get them in the truck between today and tomorrow, but that may prove slightly ambitious on my part. But any progress is still progress, so we'll give it a hearty try.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Paypal finally cleared the funds...took so long I thought you'd be finished before it actually made it to you...:)

I see there is quite a few hits on the post so hopefully you are making some progress...hang in there and it will work out for you...:icon_thumby:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Paypal finally cleared the funds...took so long I thought you'd be finished before it actually made it to you...:)

I see there is quite a few hits on the post so hopefully you are making some progress...hang in there and it will work out for you...:icon_thumby:
Lol....

Last week was a blur. Nothing went as planned. Had a little bit of time here and there to work on it, but didn't really get much done. Too much other stuff with the holidays and all. And my hip has become pretty angry with me lately, which slows things down too. Only good news is that I got one job that's been lingering completed (at least my part of it), so that's one less thing to worry about.

I've also re-learned that I hate dealing with people. I've been trying to get a price on a set of interior columns for a job that I want to get done before my surgery (hollow, non-support columns for the bottom of a set of steps to hide the electrical wires) and everyone is dragging their feet on giving a price. Gah. I had no idea it was so hard for people to do their job.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
How is it going Jon?

Haven't seen any updates for a while and thought I'd ask. I hope you received my meager contribution to the cause...I would send more and will if i can spare it...pretty tight right now with my insurance, plates, CAA and everything else that comes due this time of year...

I guess it doesn't matter when it's due cause I'd never truly be ready for the hit that comes to pretty much everyone around their birthday...in Canada anyways...the plates always expire on our birthday...I guess they couldn't do that any better either...

Don't give up...bad time of the year as it is without having to go through what you're going through...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
How is it going Jon?

Haven't seen any updates for a while and thought I'd ask. I hope you received my meager contribution to the cause...I would send more and will if i can spare it...pretty tight right now with my insurance, plates, CAA and everything else that comes due this time of year...

I guess it doesn't matter when it's due cause I'd never truly be ready for the hit that comes to pretty much everyone around their birthday...in Canada anyways...the plates always expire on our birthday...I guess they couldn't do that any better either...

Don't give up...bad time of the year as it is without having to go through what you're going through...
Updates....

Mark, I did get your contribution, thank you! I certainly understand that it's a bad time of the year for everyone to contribute time or money. Kinda wish I would have thought of it sooner, but what's done is done.

Many thanks to Vito. He sent a nice card and some money. More than I expected.

The machine shop has my rocker arm assemblies done. Finally. But it does me little good at this point. I got the one job that I needed hollow columns for and as things worked out, I was forced to build the columns from scratch, which sucked up gobs of time. Past three weeks I've been working as much as I could with my hip being troublesome on that project trying to get it done. Tomorrow is the last day that I'll be able to put in on that before surgery and I'm saddened to say that it won't be completed. I made an effort, but between having to build the columns and my hip giving me trouble, I ran out of time. Thankfully the homeowners are not upset over it. I told them from the start what the score was.

As far as the Bronco II goes... I haven't been able to make any appreciable progress on it lately. At this point, I'm going to have to tack the front control arms in place so that it's movable and will probably have to relocate it out of the turn-around before my surgery. I have no idea how this will all work out at this point, I just have to trust that something will work out somehow.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Well, the 88 never got moved out of the turn around. Flat ran out of time. Spent Sunday afternoon struggling to get as much done with things that I could around the house with the help of my dad (severe physical problems) and a girl I've been dating.

Yesterday morning I went for surgery. It went well, sounds like there was a lot of damage they had to fix. What didn't go so well was the nerve block didn't work, so I woke up in a ridiculous amount of pain. Took a bit to get it down to a tolerable level. Got home and hooked up a fancy ice machine and crashed.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Good to hear the surgery went well...or mostly.

Is there rehab involved or do you do that on your own as your body heals?

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Good to hear the surgery went well...or mostly.

Is there rehab involved or do you do that on your own as your body heals?
Lots of rehab to come. I see the doctors assistant next Wednesday, and from there they will determine the start of physical therapy. Sounded like I'll have at least 3 months of therapy. Going to be a long road ahead, but I'm not giving up. My one good friend is worried that I will, I told her that she's free to beat me up if I try to give up, haha! I'm too stubborn to quit though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals