• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My daily driver "Prerunner"

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
So, as id love some extra opinions on the mods ive done thus far, im going to switch from posting my mods in the show off section to here. My old thread was removed, so here i am with a couple updates.

Yesterday myself and 3 friends did the chevy 64 swap on my truck, with new rancho RS9000's. total cost was $330 installed with the shocks, and so far im very happy with it. Heres a couple pictures.

My old 2wd leaf next to the chevy 64 leaf i pulled from a junk yard.

I used grade 8 hardware on the mounts, double washers and a double nut on one bolt each side for safety.

I removed my 2" lift block, and the truck still sits 2" higher then it did before with the block installed. because of this, i needed new shocks, so i called a friend that wholsales the rs9000's.

the stance is a bit raked, at 3" up in the back, but that will soon be evened out if i get 2.5 coils.

the next three pics are all about flex. i have a picture of before, and the night shots are after the swap.

There have been a few other mods like the OHC and a rewire on my E-Fan, but for now nothing major. I am currently waiting on a call back from BC supertrucks for the Mcneil fender's quote. once those are in, ill step back and take a look at how the truck looks and decide from there what i want to do, if anything more.

I would love to hear what you think of the truck so far, and if you have any ideas, tips or advise for me.

Nate

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
spoke to BC supertrucks, got a nice price on them. as long as mcneil fills the order, they will be here end of next week, or the monday after. they are currently making a race body so they are a bit busy and our stuff is on the back burner.

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
spoke to BC supertrucks, got a nice price on them. as long as mcneil fills the order, they will be here end of next week, or the monday after. they are currently making a race body so they are a bit busy and our stuff is on the back burner.
Cool. What size are you getting?

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
im going to go for the 3". My tire is only out a couple inches as it is, and im not so much a fan of the batwing look LOL.

03ranger30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Was it difficult to swap the springs in? The only thing that concerns me is moving the front shackle, cause taking the bed off doesn't seem hard. And I could deal with the rake by cranking the bars

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
Was it difficult to swap the springs in? The only thing that concerns me is moving the front shackle, cause taking the bed off doesn't seem hard. And I could deal with the rake by cranking the bars
The front mount on the drivers side is a bit harder because of the tank. Shackles are only on the rear of the springs.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
other then the 30 minutes of grinding, drilling into a 2" area with a plastic gas tank, and then getting a nut on the end of the bolt in this 2 inch space, its a walk in the park.

:)

id recommend it to anybody.

only thing i did to the truck is get the proper bolts into the front hangers, as i was using the bed bolts. let me tell ya, changing a spring bolt with the spring in the truck is not easy!!

Last edited:

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Mud.

and the little pit we found

03ranger30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I would almost consider dropping the tank to do the swap, it doesn't look that hard, just wait until the tank is almost empty.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
wouldnt be a bad idea. i was feeling lazy with 3/4 tank of fuel.

03ranger30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Well and I imagine it would have been quite heavy, although you did say you had a couple friends helping you

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Well and I imagine it would have been quite heavy, although you did say you had a couple friends helping you
yes i did. it would have taken me longer to disconnect the tank and remove it, then spend the extra 2-3 minutes lining up the wrench with the nut on it in the small space.

A small update fr my truck. the leafs have settled, and the truck is sitting 2" taller in the back then the front, which is perfect. i've been having some trouble with the E-fan fuse, i need to bump it to a large 50 amp as 30's are blowing when im on the trails. Waiting on a email back for fender timeline, the order has been in for a week now. im really just wanting to get the fenders on and stand back and take a look at how the truck sits. My goal is the prerunner effect, without the costly parts. i have a couple of guys saying go camburg, cage it and run a 4 link. Im still not sold on the idea of emptying my savings account, plus i just want a sweet looking daily driver.

I recently regaped my plugs, seafoamed the truck, coolant overflow was flushed out, and my K&N was cleaned and reoiled.

my small to do list includes the following.

~close out E-fan shroud
~50amp e-fan fuse
~replace LED tailgate bar
~remove scratches from last offroad trip. (their bad)
~move XM antenna off roof
~fenders installed and painted to match
~pull bedsides (how far can i pull them without creasing the bed??? looking for 2")
cb antenna wire run
~possibly move XM radio someplace less obvious (cig lighter type now)
~digital temp guage, and voltage guage
~black out inside of headlights
~check wheel bearings
~new pads and shoes all around
~OHC sensor replace (mine is 27* off on the temp at any given time)
~Clean and shampoo interior ASAP (got dirty last wheeling trip)

im sure theres a few more things, along with some regular maintenance that should be done. updates will come as i have time to do things. alot of that list will be this week, as my girlfriend is doing exams and wont be seeing her for the rest of the week.

Nate

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Pics. more will come as i edit them.

took the buffer out with some mothers scratch out. no more swirl marks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals