• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Electrical Issues

simmsjeremy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
So I am attempting to install a double din unit into my sons 2000 Mazda B2500. The radio that was originally in there did work, however, when using a light tester during install of the new unit the wire (yellow & black) that is described as the ignition/accessory wire has no power to it when the key is in the appropriate position. I believe this to be the main issue that is keeping the radio from powering up and working. It may also have something to do with other electrical gremlins within the vehicle. For instance, when the driver door opens the dome light does not come on, but if you open the passenger side it does. Or the fact that the OBD2 sensor does not work. Any insight into these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joel Shields

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
were you able to figure this problem out? if not i may be able to help you

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals