• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wet floor and interior light

09RangerMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys so to start off i have a 2009 ranger and for some reason the floor on my driver side ONLY is always wet. I put towels and all sorts of stuff under my floor mat for the longest time to soak it up but no matter what its wet. First thing i thought was rain water was getting in from between the rubber in my door but i tested it by taking a hose to it all around and nothing dripped in. Please does anyone know what might be causing this? And also the interior light randomly turns on and starts beeping as if a door was open im not sure what tht is either. Thanks a lot everyone

97rangerstepside

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The wet floor could be caused by your cowl drains being plugged and not draining properly. As for the light spray some wd40 on your door latches, I had the same problem and wd40 solved that.

09RangerMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so wd40 for the door latches. And i assume these cowl drains can be unplugged some how?

97rangerstepside

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yes they are located on the bottom of each front fender behind the mudflaps. They come off but I'm not 100% sure how.

Here's how to test: dump water into the cowl and see if a stream of water comes out of the drains.

09RangerMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks a lot man putting the wd40 on tomorrow bc its raining now and im going to check the drains as well. Ill let u know how it goes

Bronco638

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Where is the floor wet on the driver's side? Up near the pedals or behind the seat? It could also be leaking rain gutters or a leaking third brake light.

MarcusBR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
I have a similar problem. After some rain (don't get much here in San diego) the floor under both seats is wet as is the compartments that house the folding seat in an 2000 xlt. How could I fix that? My cab smells moldy after a light drizzle.

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
Check your third brake light its a common issue. Cowls you can pour water through the top and see if it comes out the drains to check for blockage. I just hit it with a hose every now and then.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals