• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tom Morana/Harland Sharp 1.8 ratio roller rockers

oodannyboyoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Just because it hasn't been made doesn't mean you cant build it
Hey guys, havent seen anyone do a post on rockers here, so I thought I'd share a neat little set of harlandsharp roller rockers. These are 1.8:1 ratio and increase the lift 0.060" more (according to toms site). One of the simpler mods and fairly easy. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews online about the tolerances not up to par and clearances are not in accordance with the Rangers valve covers and such. However it's been a couple months now and can say they're holding up real well and don't need any machining at all to get fit! I got my roller rockers and installed them in 5 hours due to the fact the bolts that came with the kit were not the proper thread for the heads. Regardless after a trip to ACE and some torquing later they're on and can definitely say they really opened up some power in the mid range! Real neat. These are not poly locks and they don't need pedestal shims. They sit on a pedestal and due to the hydraulic lifters on the Vulcan (which I believe are the same as the 5.0) they will adjust accordingly to any preload. You just need to torque them down to 20 ft/lb. Other than having to take a trip to ace hardware and paying the Tom Morana over the phone (prefer PayPal) these are worth ever penny. Granted, these are a bit pricey for rockers , as they go for 425$ off his site, but perhaps if you spoke to harland sharp directly you could get them for cheaper.

I've seen some before and after dyno charts of these rockers on other 3.0 Vulcan engines on different cars but none on a ranger yet. Although power gains are something around 10-20 hp and equivalent torque. I love the highway pick up speed and launching from a stand still. These will really knock your head back into your seat! My butt dyno approves of this lol

Let me know if you guys have dyno charts of these rockers on a ranger or something similar. I know most people install 1.7 rockers from Proform with some machining and as 1.8 ratio is over kill since the flow on the stock heads are maxed out after 1.7.

Attachments

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've been running mine for a couple of thousand miles now, and have nothing bad to say about them.
You might want to get some stiffer valve springs since your stock pieces may be a bit tired after 110k miles. Breaking a valve spring sucks bad. Just something to consider.

Last edited:

aaron88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
kind of a 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Was looking at a set of these for my 4.0L ohv engine and noticed they are considerably more 880$ for the set would you guys have any idea why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Was looking at a set of these for my 4.0L ohv engine and noticed they are considerably more 880$ for the set would you guys have any idea why?
Based on the description on the website, it looks like his rockers for the 4.0 are sold with custom pushrods and hydraulic lifters. The 3.0 rockers are just arms and pedestals, so the extra hardware included with the 4.0 kit seems to be the reason for the added cost.

dsltech83

Ford Technician
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
4.0 has shaft rockers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals