• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Squealing/Chirping/Whirring

prerunin13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi, I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6. I have a terrible squealing/chirping sound. I have replaced the cam synch and cam sensor, throw out bearing, slave cylinder, motor has been removed and completely gone through with new seals and new bearings. Still makes the same noise.

I have removed the serpentine belt - same noise. I have lubed the daylights out of the cam synch and also put in another one to make sure the new one I bought wasn't faulty out of the box - same noise. Ran it without the tranny hooked up - same noise. Any ideas? I'd hate to have to drive it off a cliff, but the idea is becoming more and more attractive each day.

Thanks!

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
That noise usually comes from
idler pulley or belt tensioner pulley
but you have removed (and I assume, ran without) the serpentine belt.
I have had a squeal caused by a worn out IAC valve before.
Check all the bearings for a sticky spot in the rotation. Check oil pressure (with an actual gauge). Remove or replace thermostat (to test for squeal only).

I don't know if any of these will help find the culprit, but good luck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals