• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Funniest Repair Orders you've seen?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
This isn't vehicle related, but when I worked in CR for Epson a coworker had a call from a woman who sent back the replacement unit we sent her...she said she was deeply offended because the printer had a used condom in it and it smelled like cigarette smoke...

People really do smoke after sex...with their printers!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
We do a ton of Ag work (more specifically tires). I had one for a company that hauls and spreads shit, It was a 12.5L15 tire that was filled solid with crap and I had to change it by hand. When I got it off the wheel I took it outside and the shop still smelled for the rest of the day. But like we say at work that is the smell of money.

Our 800 number is almost exactly the same as one for a animal control in California so we get a lot of calls for pest control, when they are told they are calling Wisconsin almost everyone is totally embarrassed. Once I got a call for a stray dog and I told them that it would be one expensive service call, they asked why and I told them we would have to come from Green Bay at $1.50 per mile. I think I almost had them convinced.

the_novice

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
I got a call from an outfit in Toronto to secure a shed in golden bc 830 km away. My boss had me make up a quote and fax it back to them. Quote was for close to 4000 dollars. We never heard from them again.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Had a good one today.

C/S "complete mechanical failure".

Went to the desk and got more info. Turns out she was driving, the locks started acting up, then a bunch of lights came on, then the engine quit. She had it taken to another local shop had repairs done to the wiring that was damaged and now ever since there is a "funny noise" under the hood when using the key fob.

I poked at it a bit, and I found that the horn and none of the front lights work, and any time you run the wiper motor, the horn, the head lights, turn signals, use the key fob to work the locks (in either direction) or hit the panic button, instead of the correct things happening the washer pump runs.

I think something go hooked up wrong.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
It reminds me of a prank someone did on here. Can't remember where I read it. He wired his friend's turn signal to his horn.

*eye roll* If wiring is beyond your scope, why do you even eff with it?

This happened in the lab a couple weeks ago:

A 20,000 lb fixture (read: giant hunk of 4130 steel) for the oil field has a monitoring pressure port & hard steel pressure lines on the flat bottom of the assembly. The techs put a 9/16" Autoclave fitting in it (which will get pressurized to 15,000 psi), and then rested it on the ground, without blocks. *forehead slap*

They had a hard time with the pressure readings, and they eventually realized that the fitting was crushed under the weight. They were confused for the better part of a day.

It got taken to a large specialty machine shop to drill out the hole and repair the damaged threads. $3,000+ mistake, plus additional shipping costs on a private flatbed trailer. Add lost time and wages, and you are looking at $10,000 +.

Point: Taking the time to think for 5 minutes before mindlessly moving stuff with a 50-ton crane can save 3 weeks of headache and backed up fees.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It reminds me of a prank someone did on here. Can't remember where I read it. He wired his friend's turn signal to his horn.
I have done that to several wedding getaway trucks, it will go off with one signal and the brake. Just a separate horn plugged into the trailer connector with a few zip ties to hold it in place. It freaks them out every time. :icon_thumby: :icon_rofl:

Last edited:

scoarch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
285 75r 16

Plum Ranger XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
A while ago I was at an auto expo where it was all new cars from the big manufactures and I was in the Ford section looking at the Mustang. The hood was up and I was looking over the engine and a guy came up and was looking at it too. He points at the strut tower brace and asks, "Does this help the engine from coming up?" I kindly told him "It helps to prevent body flex." He looked at me and walked away feeling extremely stupid and I thought "What an idiot."

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
This thread is hilarious ☺

Posted using stuff

Carlos Murphy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Dumb people

Tow truck comes in with a new 5 series BMW on the hook, won't start.
I get in, crank the engine to hear a couple of cylinders fire and that's all.

The fuel gauge reads EMPTY, the LOW FUEL light is on and the digital read-out that tells you how many miles you can expect to drive on the remaining fuel in the tank reads "0".:icon_confused:

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Don't you know that newer higher-tech European autos automatically fill their fuel tanks?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Don't you know that newer higher-tech European autos automatically fill their fuel tanks?
Must be higher end than a new 5 series BMW...

Not really funny but bizarre:

Guy brought his tractor in, it is making noise and he wants the valves set.

Valves were set loose but not that loose, checked it with a borescope and it is never a good thing to see parts of rings imbedded in the carbon on top #2 piston.

#1 is starting to do it too:

It has two ring ridges in the bores. Theory is the guy that had it before the current owner just rerung it and didn't take the ridge out, so the new sharp and tight rings were beating themselves against the ridge from the old loose rings (and taking it out on the piston). Surprisingly the thing ran really nice.

warrpath4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
customer fills out the complaint portion of the vehicle sheet "engine missing"

tech walks out and flips the hood up, comes back "found engine"

OldMan2

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Do your best to be your best.
While running the county vehicle maintenance shop a smart-ass employee from the landfill came in to see a co-worker. I crawled under his pickup truck and tied a large zip tie around his drive shaft, but did not cut off the long end. When he left you could hear it slapping. We saw him get out from the truck and look under it, but he did not have a clue. We dragged his ass for about an hour before cutting the tie and sent him on his way.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
While running the county vehicle maintenance shop a smart-ass employee from the landfill came in to see a co-worker. I crawled under his pickup truck and tied a large zip tie around his drive shaft, but did not cut off the long end. When he left you could hear it slapping. We saw him get out from the truck and look under it, but he did not have a clue. We dragged his ass for about an hour before cutting the tie and sent him on his way.
I once re-balanced an annoying co-worker's drive shaft with stick-on wheel weights.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals