• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

colorbond

graff104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Anybody ever used this stuff? http://www.bryndana.com/features.html
I saw it in LMC and was thinking about trying some to change the color of my interior. Anybody ever used it? It says its used by The Ford Motor Company.

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a buddy of mine used it once before and it held up pretty good.i think he said it started chipping after a few months though.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
its ok, i did my interior of my 85 300zx with it but i like dupli-color better. sprays better, and lasts longer.

graff104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
a buddy of mine used it once before and it held up pretty good.i think he said it started chipping after a few months though.
hmm that doesn't sound good. I was hoping it would last longer than that.
Where can you find dupli-color at?

coffee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When painting plastic or vinyl, I have found that an adhesion promoter really helps, especially with extreme temp changes.

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When painting plastic or vinyl, I have found that an adhesion promoter really helps, especially with extreme temp changes.

+1 good thinkin coffee

cocoasranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
+1 also. I sprayed all my plastic kitchen cabinets a couple years ago and used the special plastic primer. They still don't have a nick in them and have not peeled any despite hard usage.:icon_thumby:

graff104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
All right i think ya'll got me sold on the duplicolor stuff. Im totally redoing my interior this summer and can't wait. I don't have a headliner at all though. PO tore it out for some reason..:annoyed: probably cause it was sagging. Any ideas about what to do to the metal up there? :icon_confused: I thought about putting a new headliner in but all the ones i have are to expensive. Im thinking about just paining it, but there has got to be something funner to do :icon_twisted:

IRKillroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Semper Fidelis
your color stuff is only as good as your prep work... clean ALLLLL the grime off of your parts you want to paint... use a cleaner that leaves no residue... duplicolor has what's call prep-spray, or prep-wipes... use those until you'd be ok with licking something off the part... then you can spray your parts... the prep-spray/wipes are an adhesion promoter as well.

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
you could line the ceiling with xmas lights! ha, seriously though I "thought" about cutting a design in my headliner, backing it with clear hard plastic and use xmas lights as a sort of cheap lighting/leds. but like all my other hair brain ideas.......they stayed as an idea.

graff104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
you could line the ceiling with xmas lights! ha, seriously though I "thought" about cutting a design in my headliner, backing it with clear hard plastic and use xmas lights as a sort of cheap lighting/leds. but like all my other hair brain ideas.......they stayed as an idea.
Errr Ill have to pass. Maybe i could put some up when christmas gets near... But not year round. I'm half tempted to mount a marker board up there and just draw all over it.

I will be sure to clean EVERYTHING good before I paint it. Im going to be moving slow once I get started and the first step is to get everything out of the cab and clean it good. I hadn't heard of those wipes but ill look into them for sure. Probably around the end of April Ill be buying paint/cleaner so if I can't find anything then ill be shooting you a PM for more details :)

Last edited:

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Errr Ill have to pass. Maybe i could put some up when christmas gets near... But not year round. I'm half tempted to mount a marker board up there and just draw all over it.

I will be sure to clean EVERYTHING good before I paint it. Im going to be moving slow once I get started and the first step is to get everything out of the cab and clean it good. I hadn't heard of those wipes but ill look into them for sure. Probably around the end of April Ill be buying paint/cleaner so if I can't find anything then ill be shooting you a PM for more details :)
heres what i usually do for dyeing interior parts. take out what your gonna be spraying, cleran everything with a cleaner called tsp sears or home depot sells it. srub everything with this. then get some prep-sol and wipe everything down untill the rag comes up clean. then get some duplicolor adhesion promoter, and spray everything down. let it sit for 5 minutes, then spray your color, do very light thin coats usually about 2-3 coats will cover. then your good to go. follow these instuctions and your dye will last as long as you own your car. it will not scrath, it will not chip, it will wear through the color before it scratches. i do all my interiors like this and never once have a problem. good luck and post pics when done.:headbang:

coffee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
IRKillroy +1

Blackwidow67 +1

As far as a headliner, why don't you go to a junkyard and find a decent one. If it has a fw cracks. Shape it and impregnate it with fiberglass resin and give a suporting coat of fiber glass cloth. (After appropriate prep work) Then glue on a a headliner of your choice. You can even order sculpture foam to put a design iin your head liner. Example- flames, initials, any type of logo. There is information on this all over the net. Or you can PM me and I will help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals