• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Should I be picky and only go for a 90' BII or settle for an 87-89?

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Craigslist is your friend. Don't give up so soon. B2's are easy to find around here. So, it just depends what you are looking for. Where are you located? Are you willing to drive to pick one up? Have you checked the surronding states. I've looked in KS, TX, AR and MO for trucks and parts.

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Transmission
Manual
For me it is a matter of the 1st gen or 2nd gen look. I am a first gen person as I like the front end and its classic look. I did the 4.0 swap w m5od, 8.8 and d35 and a manual shift 1354 transfer case, all of which I got from a doner explorer for 500 bucks and I am stoked w all of it. I did the rear drive shaft using a 1st gen explorer main and a 2nd gen second shaft and the length is perfect w a 5" skyjacker lift. Either one will be a solid ride if you get the part combo you want and there are many swap options for each. I am manual all the way, and worst case scenario is cutting the shifter hole to accomodate the manual transfer case shifter. Go for the one you like the look of and you will be glad you did, all the best w the project.

Desertchild

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It also depends a lot on how much skill you have, and how much time it can be off the road. My second B2 was wrecked by the previous owner. Passenger side of the D28 was destroyed, frame was tweaked, fender was smashed, bumper was destroyed and wheel was bent, but the rest was untouched. He couldn't afford to get it fixed, and I could fix it myself. Best $300 dollars I ever spent
https://projectarizona.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/dsc01788.jpg

And a short while later
https://projectarizona.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/dsc02170.jpg?w=1014

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals