• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lift keys, lift shackles, explorer leaf spring swap

papasmurfor9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I got forged lift keys off eBay, 2in lift shackles off eBay, did the explorer leaf spring swap. I left the factory blocks. I have a total of 4in of lift. I am running 32 in Gateway P58 16 Buckshot bias ply mudders. Pulls amazing. awesome tire.

papasmurfor9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
btw...when had the lift keys installed it rode rougher. however, after I added the explorer leaf springs and leveled it out the ride improved a lot. my old ones were worn out. Overall it is rougher than before I did all the lifting and bigger tires but I am satisfied. It's really not too bad considering the big tires and 4 inches of lift. considering the much improved look and performance capabilities it was totally worth it. I still need to get my front end aligned. as it is it drives surprisingly well. the big bias ply tires balanced fairly well and it holds the road pretty good for big off road tires. the hum isn't too terrible "yet"....

mumbowumbo

Reaction score
So this is actually my first time ever in this forum and I was wondering if you could tell me everything you did with your truck because it is exactly what I wanting to do with mine. My truck is a ‘99 Ranger 3.0 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals