• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

general motors dash problem

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
i do some minor mechanical work on the side and today i was doing a tune-up/oil change on a 2000 buick century sedan with the 3.1 , it has a digital odometer and along with it the shift selector indicator (PRND21) are not working, you cant tell what gear your in visually, and you cant tell how many miles the car has on it. all the fuses are o.k. and from what ive found online its a circuit board problem with the dash cluster. anyone else ran into this? everything else appears to work, it does have a c.e.l. and abs light lit up (dad has his code scanner right now, so i wasnt able to see what the c.e.l. was about)

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I knew this was a problem on the pickups, I guess the same engineers screwed this up on other models as well. There are places around who rebuild them for kinda cheap, most will do an exchange for quicker service. Those places I speak of can be found online. Good luck working on a GM waste product. If it weren't for them and KIA, I wouldn't have much to do around here lol...

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Good luck, Bro. That is an issues for GM. You will need to replace the gauges if it is not a fuse issue or a broke/worn harness. You really need a repair manul for that type of issue.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
i kinda thought so, thanks for the replies. hers a true g.m.c. acronym= Garage Man's Companion. most of what i do is basic crap like brake jobs, oil changes, but it seems like every g.m. i work on has multiple issues, a trailblazer for example i was just doing a simple brake pad replacement on, turns out it has bad tie-rod ends and when i started it up after i was done there was a horrendous noise from under the hood, turns out the water pump was on its way out, not leaking coolant but allowing enough fan wobble to be smacking the fan shroud.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals