• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Found a widget in the transmission pan... help??

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just stick a slice of ham in your trans pan.... jews hate ham!

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Somebody needs to come up with a way to spread the word so this doesn't happen so often, lol.
Over on explorerforum.com, they have a sticky thread about this in the transmission section.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yep, that is supposed to show that your trans hasn't been serviced.

Some people freak out when they see them and toss them back in though, so you can never be sure. I know lots of people that have gone "Oh snap where's this part go! Ah well lets throw it back in the trans."

Mine came out with around 210k miles on the trans. :icon_thumby:

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know people that insist on that too. I prefer flushing because it pushes everything out of all the passages when it's done right.

Thing about tranny filters is, by the time there is enough crap in them to require replacement, the trans is probably a pretty crispy critter already anyway.
yeah, but how much of that issue is caused by restricted flow of atf in the trans, which may, or may not be due to a dirty filter? either way, i think we would all agree that changing the filter won't hurt the transmission (though i do agree with you on the full flush)

personally, i used to work at a quick lube shop, we used to recommend doing a "full transmission service" which included dropping the pan, replacing the filter, then cycling through all the fluid and replacing it with new

Every 30k they get replaced and I clean the magnet. :icon_thumby:

I figure if people can get 100-150k out of a trans by not touching it, changing the couple quarts at a time and filter should be an improvement.

The "flushes" I have have checked into basically just use the transmission pump to move the old fluid out and suck in fresh... so it wouldn't really do anything more than it would normally as far as flushing out passages.
except that the clean fluid is going to pull crap out much better than dirty fluid

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals