• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

home made tonneau cover

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Oh I do trust me. I have jacked a few myself.

goodie85

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo diesel
Transmission
Automatic
for the once that are calling me a bs'er how do i upload vids ill show you the video of me wrecking that z28 :D

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
This has officially been :threadjacked:

Please refrain from any mention of the original topic anymore.

Thank you. :icon_rofl:

runningman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
soon to be 302
Transmission
Manual
Okay, time for Dad to speak up. My sons horse power wishes are a little zealous. If he could make 500 rwh i'd help dasfinc eat his shoe. He might and i mean might reach 450 at the flywheel, but thats pushing it. As far as the blower goes it was sent to embre Machine an ported and polished before we aquired it. It was set up to put out around 16-19 lbs boost. The bearings have been upgraded to handle 19,000 rpm, which i would never attemp. i've set it up so it will spin max 14,000 at 6500 rpm max The company in forest grove Oregon that specializes in eaton blowers is Magnum Powers, they make some realy nice stuff. I've spoke to the owner a couple of times about setting this up. I recomend anyone with a eaton check out his site http://www.magnumpowers.com/. The tuner is going to be Adam Marrer of Pops racing via remote desktop. if i can figure out this picture posting thing i'll put some pics on. And i am old.

dasfinc

October 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Okay, time for Dad to speak up. My sons horse power wishes are a little zealous. If he could make 500 rwh i'd help dasfinc eat his shoe. He might and i mean might reach 450 at the flywheel, but thats pushing it. As far as the blower goes it was sent to embre Machine an ported and polished before we aquired it. It was set up to put out around 16-19 lbs boost. The bearings have been upgraded to handle 19,000 rpm, which i would never attemp. i've set it up so it will spin max 14,000 at 6500 rpm max The company in forest grove Oregon that specializes in eaton blowers is Magnum Powers, they make some realy nice stuff. I've spoke to the owner a couple of times about setting this up. I recomend anyone with a eaton check out his site http://www.magnumpowers.com/. The tuner is going to be Adam Marrer of Pops racing via remote desktop. if i can figure out this picture posting thing i'll put some pics on. And i am old.
It looks like it is coming together nicely, and I like what you have done, but it sounds like you don't understand CFM/Supercharger efficiency either.

My setup has a 2.0 pulley on a Magnuson MP90 Charger, and puts out 8PSI.

Stock internals on a 5.0 cannot take much more than 8.0PSI safely or reliably. If that blower makes 19PSI, his power goals would be achievable, but the block would still crack in half long before then.

My 2.3 pulley made 5PSI.

I know you are using an over-sized crank pulley to my understanding to get it to spin faster, but again:

A) Stock 5.0 internals do not like more than 8PSI
B) I've never seen an M90 blower make close to 19PSI on a V-8, it just doesn't move enough air. Does't matter how much the blower is modified. Infact, I don't think I've seen any Eaton M112's make over 18PSI on Cobras...

Stock 2003-2004 Cobra's only push 8-10PSI with the M112.

A STOCK M112 blower spinning at 19,000 RPM at 6500RPM and makes right about 15PSI on the 4.6 Cobra V-8. an M90 spinning at 14,000 will not even make remotely close to that. I'm sorry to be so firm on this, but an M90 just doesn't have this kind of efficiency.

I will eat my UNDERWEAR if it makes more than 15PSI of boost and doesn't instantly explode.

Last edited:

runningman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
soon to be 302
Transmission
Manual
Dasfinc,

You miss-understood me. I have no desire to make 16-19 psi. I would be happy if we could reach 8. And yes I know the stock block can’t handle much more than that. The motor we got the blower off of was set up to run 16-19 psi. And it had a lot of mods done to it. I personally don’t care how much power it makes I just want the thing to run when where done. To much power would mean more money out of my pocket to beef up drivelines, clutches, tranny’s and so on. I just want this to be a fun truck that will turn a few heads.

Dave

dasfinc

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Dasfinc,

You miss-understood me. I have no desire to make 16-19 psi. I would be happy if we could reach 8. And yes I know the stock block can’t handle much more than that. The motor we got the blower off of was set up to run 16-19 psi. And it had a lot of mods done to it. I personally don’t care how much power it makes I just want the thing to run when where done. To much power would mean more money out of my pocket to beef up drivelines, clutches, tranny’s and so on. I just want this to be a fun truck that will turn a few heads.

Dave
The earlier post from I assume your son? Had me thinking he had assumed since it made 16+lbs on a Supercoupe it could do it on the 5.0 also. I was worried that you were both putting all this work/time/money into this project without a firm understanding of CFM and M90 efficiency/limitations.

a 350-375whp goal is a safe, and achievable goal with what you have done, and plan to do, and MORE than enough for our little trucks.

My truck at 8PSI with everything mentioned previously is an absolute hoot to drive, and I'm sure you will both enjoy the heck out of it.

Be sure to get a Wideband installed, and suitable injectors. I'm running 30lber's, and it doesn't seem to be enough to feed my truck up to 6K RPM at 8PSI.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Glad we got that all ironed out.....

runningman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
soon to be 302
Transmission
Manual
I have 42lb'rs plus i put in 3/8 fuel line to help. I'm just worried about detonation problems with the crappy gas we now have. Adam Marrer gave me a lot of assurance he can get it to run well but it might be a bear to start the first time. I have the explorer sll4 computer, need to get a moates quarterhorse and will be also be getting the Innovate mtx-l wideband for it. i was intregged by the distributerless ignition setup the system can run. it also gave me more room for the eaton. And at 375whp it should flat ars move. Adam did project 550ft lbs of torque, which scares me a little. I know what that does to 8.8 diff's and clutches and trannys, being a big block guy myself

dasfinc

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have 42lb'rs plus i put in 3/8 fuel line to help. I'm just worried about detonation problems with the crappy gas we now have. Adam Marrer gave me a lot of assurance he can get it to run well but it might be a bear to start the first time. I have the explorer sll4 computer, need to get a moates quarterhorse and will be also be getting the Innovate mtx-l wideband for it. i was intregged by the distributerless ignition setup the system can run. it also gave me more room for the eaton. And at 375whp it should flat ars move. Adam did project 550ft lbs of torque, which scares me a little. I know what that does to 8.8 diff's and clutches and trannys, being a big block guy myself
My truck Dynoed 250whp/300wtq at 5psi with an otherwise bone stock motor.

I think 550wtq is a bit optimistic as well, I think 420-450wtq would be a more realistic neighborhood. There is a Twin Turbo V-8 ranger on www.rangerpowersports.com who is 408whp/491wtq at 10PSI. Turbo's are WAAAAAAY more efficient though, so it being "only 2 more PSI" does not equal that kind of HP/tq on a roots blower.

http://www.rangerpowersports.com/forum/f402/twin-turbo-5-0l-98-ranger-266510.html

slow96gt

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
, need to get a moates quarterhorse and will be also be getting the Innovate mtx-l wideband for it.
Moates qh is worth it's weight in gold I had really good luck out of it in my 96 gt before I went turbo ls and it's easy to tune with

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
320 is a bit of a stretch, in most cases your lucky to break the 300 mark with all the free mods, and as beating the same guy all depends what year the ws6 was, starting in 94 Was the first ws6 t56 package but as a lt1 then in 98 was the first ls1 f body then in 02 gm ran out of ls1 and stuffed a ls6 in some cars so basically it all depends on the year, auto or man, and mainly the driver mod as I call it lol
314 on a Mustang Dyno - factory everything. Made 437whp with an STS Turbo kit mounted right in front of the rear bumper - no other mods besides meth and a day of tuning after we figured out why it was pulling timing like it was going out of style. Even horsepower TV claims 315whp for your average late model LS1 6-speed that has been well maintained. Those cars do not mess around. Those cars are under-rated for insurance reasons. My friend's '80 notchback mustang still walks it like a dog, though. 557 pissed off cubic inches of chrome scraping stupidity. Makes roughly double the power.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Strange they would get that. Livernois dynoed a 2010 Camaro SS and got 364 rwhp.

slow96gt

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My mustang is a basically stock ls1 on 12 pounds of boost it made 538 whp with I was proud lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals